Am I the only one that’s been sleeping on puff pastry dough? Well folks, I’m officially on the bandwagon. this stuff is amazing and this Vegan Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe will not disappoint!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make a Vegan Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish:
- Puff pastry sheets
- Vegan cream cheese
- Ground cinnamon
- Organic brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh blueberries
- Organic powdered sugar
How to Make a Vegan Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish:
The first thing you don’t want to do if you want to make this recipe is to you first gather all of your ingredients. There’s nothing worse than starting a recipe only to find out midway that you are missing ingredients that you thought were in your fridge or pantry!
Once all of your ingredients have been gathered you’ll want to start by mixing the ingredients for the cream cheese filling. Please your vegan cream cheese into a small bowl along with the vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar. Use a hand mixer or a spoon to mix everything until all of the ingredients are well combined.
Unwrap your thawed pastry puff sheets and place them on a pan lined with parchment paper so that it’s laying flat. Use a pizza cutter or a knife to gently cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 even squares. Next, evenly distribute the vegan cream cheese mixture in the center of each square and spread into an even layer leaving about ½ inch border around the edges.
Grab your fresh blueberries and layer them overtop of the vegan cream cheese mixture, then join opposite sides of the puff pastry sheet’s corners together. If it doesn’t stick you can use a few dabs of water to encourage it to do so. As you can see, mine came apart while baking, but it’s all good!
Now that your Vegan Blueberry Cream Cheese Danishes are all folded up, grab some melted vegan butter and brush a little over top each of the pastries and transfer them to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
Once they’re done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes. If you want to jazz up your Vegan Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish a little bit, feel free to dust them with a little powdered sugar before serving. I also garnished mine with a little extra lemon zest I had on hand, but this is completely optional too! All that’s left to do now is enjoy!
Tips for Making a Vegan Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish
- Allow Your Puff Pastry Sheets to Thaw: Working with frozen dough is nearly impossible! Be sure to allow your puff pastry sheets time to thaw before you make them. They often come frozen, so you can simply place them in the fridge the day before you plan to use the dough.
- Use water to join pastry corners: This doesn’t work every time, but using water sometimes helps the dough corners stick together as instructed in this recipe.
- Fix corners that come undone while baking: If your corners do end up coming undone (like mine!), you can gently press them down, then quickly place a small, but lightly weighted item on top (like a ramekin) and let it sit for a few minutes, then remove. Your corners should now lay flat 🙂
I know you’ll love this Vegan Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish recipe! They’re super easy to make, require just 6 ingredients and are the perfect treat! Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Other Blueberry Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- Easy Vegan Streusel Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Vegan Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Blueberry Oatmeal Smoothie
Tools You Might Need:
Easy Vegan Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish [+Video]
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a small bowl add the vegan cream cheese, cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix together with a hand mixer or stir using a spoon to mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- Unwrap puff pastry sheet and place on pan lined with parchment paper and lay flat.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut each puff pastry sheet into 4 even squares.
- Evenly distribute the vegan cream cheese mixture in the center of each square and spread into an even layer, leaving a ½ inch border around the edges.
- Spread the blueberries into an even layer over the vegan cream cheese, then join opposite corners of pastries together and pinch together firmly.
- Brush the top of each pastry with vegan butter and transfer to the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let cool. Dust with powdered sugar and fresh lemon zest (optional) and enjoy!