I’m going into year three of my blog and I can’t believe I’m JUST getting around to sharing a Vegan Streusel Blueberry Muffins recipe! Especially because I love them so much! Blueberries are my favorite fruit to bake with and I love that you can taste them in each bite! These Vegan Streusel Blueberry Muffins are definitely my new favorite. I think you’ll love them too!
How to Make the Best Blueberry Muffins
Making these Vegan Streusel Blueberry Muffins are really easy. Wanna know the best part? You don’t even need a mixer! You can make these muffins by simply whisking the ingredients together in a large bowl. Of course you’ll want to add the blueberries in last.
The streusel topping is the icing on the cake! To make the streusel, I placed the ingredients in the food processor and pulsed them a few times until the crumbles formed. It’s really important to use COLD butter when making the streusel. If the butter is too warm, the ingredients will form more of a dough. Trust me, I know from experience 🙂
How to Make Blueberry Muffins Vegan
Making Vegan Streusel Blueberry Muffins is actually pretty easy. If you look at the ingredients below, you’ll notice that a lot of these ingredients are pretty standard baking ingredients. The vegan buttermilk mixture (almond milk and apple cider vinegar) will help to create moist and delicious blueberry muffins that I know you’ll love.
In addition, a simple swap with non-dairy alternatives like vegan butter and almond milk helped to create vegan versions of traditional blueberry muffins.
How to Store Blueberry Muffins
If you’re planning to hang on to these Vegan Streusel Blueberry Muffins for a while, it’s best to store them in an air-tight container. I left mine out on the counter because my house was pretty cool, but the safest thing to do is to store them in the refrigerator for the best results. When you’re ready to eat them, simply pop them in the microwave for 8-10 seconds (may depend on your microwave) and they’ll be ready to eat!
I love these blueberry muffins because they’re easy to make, plus they’re moist and delicious! My husband and I were racing against each other to get to the last few! If you’re looking for a snack or quick breakfast item on the go, this is a great option. I made these on a Sunday and they kept really well throughout the week.
I know you’ll love these Vegan Streusel Blueberry Muffins. They’re tasty, easy, and convenient! Give these muffins a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Tools You Might Need:
Easy Vegan Streusel Blueberry Muffins
- ⅓ cup vegan butter melted
- ⅓ cup plain unsweetened applesauce
- ⅔ cups unsweetened almond milk + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cold vegan butter
- 1 pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Measure out ⅔ cups of unsweetened almond milk and add 2 tsp apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients and whisk together to combine. Batter may still be a little lumpy.
- Gently fold in the blueberries, then use a ¼ measuring cup to evenly disperse the batter into your muffin pan. Set aside.
- Using a small food processor, add the streusel ingredients and pulse until crumbles have formed. If the vegan butter was too warm and the mixture begins to form into a dough, transfer the mixture to the freezer for 10 minutes. After the dough chills, us a fork to break up the mixture or lightly pulse a few more times.
- Evenly disperse the crumbles over the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven, or until lightly browned and toothpick can be inserted and removed clean.
- Let cool for 5-8 minutes and enjoy!