Summer ain’t over yet! If you’re looking for a tasty (boozy) summer treat, these watermelon boozy popsicles are exactly what you need!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Watermelon Boozy Popsicles:
To make these popsicles, you just need 4 simple ingredients:
- Fresh watermelon
- Organic cane sugar
- Lime juice
- Watermelon flavored vodka (or sub regular vodka)
How to Make Watermelon Boozy Popsicles:
I love making these popsicles because they’re so easy to make! With just 4 simple ingredients, it couldn’t get any better.
To begin, you’ll want to start by cutting up your watermelon. If you’ve never cut a watermelon before I find that the easiest way to do so is to grab the sharpest, largest knife in your kitchen and a large baking pan.
Place the watermelon on top of the baking pan and cut the watermelon in half horizontally, then into smaller pieces so that it is more manageable. Cutting watermelon on top of a baking pan helps to keep the juices from getting all over your work space and makes clean up super easy.
If using a watermelon with seeds, it’s important to remove them before moving forward. As a note, we’re talking about the black seeds, not the white ones. Unfortunately they don’t blend very well and will give your popsicles an unwanted texture.
As done in the recipe video, you can place a few chucks at a time into a mesh strainer with a bowl underneath, then use the back of a fork to mash against the chucks of watermelon in order to get the seeds out. Then remove the seeds from the basket of the strainer by hand. Repeat this process until all of the seeds have been removed.
Once your watermelon is cut (and seeds removed), you can begin adding all of the ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend for a few seconds until all ingredients have been well combined.
Once everything has been blended, grab your popsicle mold and evenly distribute the mixture amongst the mold. Add your popsicle sticks then transfer to the freezer and freeze overnight.
Can I Add More Alcohol to This Recipe?
I know it’s tempting, but I recommend using the amount provided in the recipe card. Alcohol does not freeze well, only when it’s combined with other ingredients that do (like the watermelon in this recipe).
If the correct ratio is not used, your Watermelon Boozy Popsicles won’t be popsicles… more like slushies on a stick. So if the goal is to create hard, frozen popsicles, don’t tempt fate by adding more alcohol. Just follow the recipe and they’ll turn out perfectly!
I Can’t Find Watermelon Vodka, Can I Substitute Something Else?
Absolutely! If you can’t find watermelon flavored vodka when making these Watermelon Boozy Popsicles, you can pick another flavor you think would work well with watermelon or just go with a plain vodka.
How to Store:
You can store these watermelon boozy popsicles in an air tight container, separating them using parchment paper so that they don’t stick together. They should last up to 3 months!
Tips for Making the Best Watermelon Boozy Popsicles:
- Looking to save time? Use pre-cut seedless watermelon that they have readily available at the grocery store in the produce section.
- Don’t add anymore vodka to this recipe than what is mentioned in the recipe card. Alcohol doesn’t freeze well, so unless you want slushies on a stick, just follow the recipe!
- Allow your popsicles enough time to freeze. 6-8 hours is ideal for fully frozen pops. Play it safe and allow them to freeze overnight for the best results.
I know you’ll love these easy Watermelon Boozy Popsicles! They only require 4 ingredients and can be made in no time! The perfect treat to cool off during warm weather. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think of it in the comments below!
Looking for another way to use up your watermelon? Try my watermelon lemonade recipe! It’s delicious!
Tools to Make Your Life Easier:
Easy Watermelon Boozy Popsicles (4 Ingredients!) [+VIDEO]
- 5 cups fresh watermelon seeds removed
- 2½ shots watermelon flavored vodka (can sub for non-flavored version or omit)
- juice of 1 lime
- 2½ tbsp organic cane sugar
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until combined.
- Evenly distribute watermelon mixture in a silicone popsicle mold and insert popsicle sticks.
- Transfer to the freezer and let freeze overnight.