If you love soft and chewy cookies, you have GOT to try these Easy Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies! They are incredibly delicious, require only a few ingredients and don’t need any chill time!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies:
- Vegan butter
- Brown sugar
- All purpose flour
- Ground ginger
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground cloves
- Ground flaxseed meal
- Organic cane sugar
How to Make Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies
Making these Easy Ginger Molasses Cookies are really simple to make! The first thing you’ll want to do is round up all of your ingredients. There’s nothing worse than getting halfway through a recipe only to realize that you don’t have all of the ingredients you need.
Once all of your ingredients are gathered, create your flax egg. Do this by mixing together ground flaxseed meal and water together in a small bowl. Set it aside until needed. Add your softened vegan butter and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a standing mixer.
Beat the ingredients together with an electric mixer until they are well combined and appear whipped. Next, add in the remaining ingredients- flour, ginger, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, flax egg, water and molasses.
Continue beating the mixture until a dough is formed. If by chance your mixture is still crumbly, add a tablespoon of water to the mixture at a time until you’ve created a dough. Use a cookie scoop to retrieve the dough from the bowl and roll each piece to form a ball.
In a separate small dish, add a few tablespoons of organic cane sugar. Roll each ball of dough into the sugar to coat it, then transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Transfer the cookies to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
When the Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies are finished baking, remove them from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before eating. Once the cookies have had time to cool, you’re ready to enjoy!
How to Store Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies
Store these cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days or in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Can These Cookies be Frozen?
Yes! You can absolutely freeze these Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies. Once they have been baked and are completely cool, transfer them to a freezer safe, air tight container and store in the freezer until ready to enjoy.
The day before you’re ready to eat them, remove the cookies from the freezer and place them on the counter. The next day they’ll be ready to enjoy!
Alternatively you can make the cookie dough and freeze it before baking. The day before you’re ready to bake the cookies, transfer the dough from the freezer to the refrigerator. The next day, use a cooke scoop to retrieve the dough and roll into balls. Dip the balls into a small dish with sugar, then proceed with baking them as instructed below.
I know you’ll love these Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies! They are dangerously good, will fill your home with an amazing aroma and are so easy to make! Give these cookies a try and let me know what you think in the comments below! I know you’ll love them too!
Other Cookies You’ll Enjoy:
- Easy Vegan Matcha Sugar Cookies
- Easy Vegan Brown Sugar Cookies
- Easy Vegan Cut Out Christmas Cookies
- Easy Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Vegan White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- Easy Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Easy Vegan Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Easy Vegan Thumbprint Cookies
Tools You Might Need:
Recipe and photos updated December 2022.
Easy Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies (Soft+Chewy) [+VIDEO]
- 3/4 cup vegan butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 2.5 tbsp water mixed and chilled for 10 min in the freezer)
- 1 tbsp water (if mixture is crumbly, add 1 additional tablespoon at a time until dough is formed)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 4-5 tbsp organic cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy with a hand mixer.3/4 cup vegan butter, 1 cup brown sugar
- Add in the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.2 1/4 cups all purpose flour, 2 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp baking soda, 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1/4 tsp salt
- Add in the flax egg, water, and molasses.1 flax egg, 1 tbsp water, 1/4 cup molasses
- Beat all of the ingredients together until well combined. If mixture is crumbly, add 1 additional tablespoon at a time until dough is formed.
- On a pan lined with parchment paper, shape dough into one inch balls or use a cookie scoop to maintain consistency.
- In a small bowl, lightly roll each ball in the white sugar and space equally on the pan.4-5 tbsp organic cane sugar
- Bake for 11 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, eat and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container.