The holiday season is among us my friends! Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. Not just because of the presents, but because of the decorations and baking! This year I’m testing out a bunch of new cookie recipes to share with you all and I decided to start with a festive little classic: Vegan Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies!
How to Make Vegan Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
Making Vegan Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies is really easy, which is why they’re one of my favorite cookies to make! To make these, you’ll just need nine ingredients. Most of which (if not all) you probably already have waiting for you in the kitchen.
To make these Vegan Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies, you’ll start by preheating your oven and creaming together the sugar and vegan butter until it’s fluffy. Next, you’ll add in all other remaining ingredients with the exception of the Christmas sprinkles.
Once everything has been added to the mixing bowl, combine the ingredients until the dough is formed and pulling away from the sides. If you think your dough is still sticky, try adding in small bits of flour at a time (1 tbsp or so) until it no longer is.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop out a portion of the dough at a time and roll into a ball using the palm of your hands. Once the ball has been formed, toss the dough around in a small bowl with your sprinkles until all sides have been covered. To get them fully covered, gently press the dough into the sprinkles in order to fill in any uncovered areas.
I’ll be the first to admit, making these Easy Vegan Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies took a lot more sprinkles than what I initially thought they would! Wanna cut down on the amount of sprinkles you’re using? Try only rolling half of each cookie into the sprinkles and then bake them with the sprinkles side facing up so that the sprinkles remain on the top.
Once your cookie dough is covered in sprinkles, transfer the baking pan to your preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Once they’re finished baking, allow them to cool for a few minutes, then you’re ready to enjoy!
Tips for the best Vegan Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- Be sure that your softened vegan butter isn’t too soft. Vegan butter is a little different than dairy butter. In my experience, it melts much faster than dairy butter. For that reason, whenever I’m trying to soften vegan butter, I avoid putting it on the stove or right beside it. Instead, I’ll put it on the counter where it’s able to get a little sunlight, but not too much and leave it there for a few hours (checking on it intermittently). If your vegan butter is too soft, your cookies will spread more than intended.
- To save sprinkles, try only rolling half of each cookie into the sprinkles and then bake them with the sprinkles side facing up so that the sprinkles remain on the top.
- Allow the cookies to cool for the best experience. I know, I know. Coming straight out of the oven, these cookies will smell and look amazing, but don’t be so quick to devour them straight out of the oven! Not only will they be hot (obviously), but they will most likely fall apart. Be patient my friend 🙂 Try cleaning up the kitchen first, then go back to them once you’re done.
Tools You Might Need:
Other Cookies You’ll Enjoy:
- Vegan Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Brown Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
I know you’ll love these Easy Vegan Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies! They’re really easy to make with just a few basic ingredients, not to mention super festive! Give these cookies a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Hungry for more? Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Easy Vegan Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
- 4 tbsp softened vegan butter
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp water or plant milk
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp unsweetened applesauce
- 8 tbsp Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Use a mixer to cream together the sugar and vegan butter until fluffy.
- Add in remaining ingredients except the Christmas sprinkles. Mix on medium speed to combine until dough is formed.
- Use a cookie scoop to retrieve the dough and roll into a ball using the palm of your hands, then dip into a small bowl with the Christmas sprinkles, pressing down gently to get the sprinkles to stick.
- Transfer the sprinkle covered dough ball to a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all dough has been rolled and coated in the sprinkles.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
These cookies were so easy to make
& so good! I subbed banana for applesauce since I didn’t have any & the cookies still came out great. I took the suggestion of smashing the cookies into the sprinkles instead of mixing sprinkles in the bowl & I’m glad I did. Thanks for posting this awesome recipe!
Loved these cookies & so easy to make. I added some crushed peppermint candy & it turned out great! Will be making another batch soon! Thanks for the recipe!
Love these! I rarely baked even before wanting to incorporate more vegan into my life, but I have to say these were easy! The dough came together beautifully and they taste so good! I doubt anybody would know they were vegan if you didn’t say so! Will absolutely make these again and again.
These were so incredibly easy to make, and just as delicious! I had all of the ingredients at home, and whipped these up in 20 minutes. I’ll likely be making these weekly!
I am about to make these for the second time. They were such a big hit at Christmas, that I am making them with multi color sprinkles for a friend’s bday. They were so delicious, and nice and easy to make. Perfect recipe!
These are so festive and easy. I made them with my 7 and 3 year old and they just loved rolling them in the sprinkles. I didn’t have applesauce so I used one egg replacer mixture and it turned out great. These will be in our Christmas cookie recipe rotation every year.
I love these cookies! I’ve made them for Christmas two years in a row now and they’re always a hit. I love how few ingredients I need and they’re so easy to make, too.