Tofu is soooo versatile (and a little controversial too)! One of my favorite (and most popular) recipes to date has been my Chicken Fried Tofu. I can totally see why! I think one of the most important things to have when it comes to cooking tasty vegan food is texture and taste. ESPECIALLY when it comes to cooking tofu! These buffalo tofu bites have got both!
Tofu is the perfect blank slate to create whatever you’d like, but more often than not this is what trips people up. If you’re looking for a quick introduction to tofu, I think this is a great place to start! The ingredients are pretty common and using the oven keeps you from having to actually fry them, without sacrificing crispiness!
I’ll be honest with you, the process can get a little messy (all the dipping), but it’s worth it! The end result is a perfectly crispy tofu nugget that you could use for a variety of things. But you’re here for buffalo tofu bites, so read on…
When I was testing this recipe, one of the tricky parts about making these buffalo tofu nuggets was maintaining the crispy texture. As you might imagine, most crispy food that is submerged in liquid will become soft. However, I found that if I bake them in the oven, then quickly toss them in the buffalo sauce mix, they don’t get all soggy! WIN!
Wondering about reheating these? I was too. I’ve found that the best way to reheat these buffalo tofu bites is by placing them in the oven for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
These buffalo tofu bites were the perfect addition to my kale salad! I topped it with my homemade vegan ranch (recipe can be found in the body of this post). Try out these baked buffalo tofu bites and let me know what you think!
Pair these Baked Buffalo Tofu Bites with:
Tools You Might Need:
This post contains affiliate links.
Baked Buffalo Tofu Bites
- 1 package extra firm tofu (drained and cut into cubes)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Dice the drained tofu into cubes of your preferred size.
- Combine the ingredients for each of the 3 separate bowls.
- Take each piece of tofu and dip it in each bowl until coated. After dipping in bowl #3, transfer each piece of tofu to a baking pan.
- Once complete, place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, then flip and cook for another 5-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- While the tofu pieces are cooking, begin mixing together the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Once the tofu pieces are done cooking, lightly toss them in the buffalo sauce and serve immediately. Enjoy!