In the south, no summer (or BBQ Sandwich) is complete without some good ol’ easy vegan coleslaw! This recipe is crunch, sweet, and a little tangy. The perfect side dish or topping to carry you through these hot summer months!
Ingredients for Vegan Coleslaw
- Store-bought slaw mix – traditionally, coleslaw is cabbage based, but I decided to use a broccoli based slaw mixture. Use whatever you enjoy most!
- Vegan mayonaise – my favorite vegan mayo is from Follow Your Heart. It tastes just like the real thing and is #PickyAssHusbandApproved! 😉
- apple cider vinegar – the vinegar in this recipe adds to the overall flavor and provides that tang you know and love. Don’t worry, it’s not overpowering!
- dijon mustard – if you’re in a pinch, you could also substitute with plain mustard.
- organic cane sugar
- celery seed
How to Make Vegan Coleslaw
Making this Easy Vegan Coleslaw recipe is super simple and take just a few minutes to throw together. The first thing you’ll want to do is gather all of your ingredients. There’s nothing worse than starting a recipe only to realize halfway through you don’t have enough ingredients.
Once you’ve confirmed you have everything you need, begin measuring out each ingredient, then add it to a large mixing bowl. After everything has been added to the bowl, use a spoon to stir everything together until all of the ingredients have been combined.
Vegan Coleslaw FAQ
How Do I Store this Dish?
You can store this dish in an airtight container in the fridge.
How long does Vegan Coleslaw Last?
This recipe will keep for up to five or six days when stored in the fridge.
Can this dish be frozen?
No, I would not recommend freezing this vegan coleslaw recipe. Fresh is bes!
Is this recipe gluten free?
Yep! This recipe is naturally gluten-free as it doesn’t contain any gluten ingredients.
I know you’ll love this Easy Vegan Coleslaw recipe! It’s light, crunchy, sweet and just a little tangy! The perfect addition to any cookout or barbecue you’ll have this summer. Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
What do I Serve with Vegan Coleslaw?
Serve this dish along with your favorite mains and vegan sides:
- Vegan Potato Salad
- BBQ Jackfruit Pulled Pork
- Vegan BBQ Ribs
- Vegan BBQ Baked Beans
- Vegan Watermelon Lemonade
- Vegan Dragon Fruit Lemonade
Easy Vegan Coleslaw
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients stir to combine.2½ cups store-bought slaw mix, ¼ cups vegan mayonaise, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, ½ tsp dijon mustard, 2 tsp organic cane sugar, ½ tsp celery seed, salt and pepper to taste
- Serve as desired. Enjoy!