Does banana bread belong to any particular season? In my book banana bread is perfect year round. Since making my vegan pumpkin banana bread last year, I’ve been dreaming up new variations since then. This Easy Vegan Cinnamon Banana Bread recipe is delicious and layered with cinnamon swirls that compliment the banana flavors so well!
I’m not even a huge banana bread fan but this recipe has completely changed my mind. Not to mention it’s also been approved by the whole family!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Easy Vegan Cinnamon Banana Bread:
- flaxseed meal
- all-purpose flour
- organic brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ripe bananas
- vegan butter
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened almond milk
How to Make Easy Vegan Cinnamon Banana Bread:
To make this recipe, the first thing you’ll want to do is create a flax egg by mixing together some water and flax seed meal. Once these two are combined give them a stir and set it aside until needed.
While the flax egg is forming, grab a large bowl and add in all of your dry ingredients. This includes your flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Use a whisk to mix these items together and set aside.
In a separate small bowl mash your bananas, then add the mashed bananas, vanilla extract, almond milk, the flax egg, and melted vegan butter to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Use a whisk to combine everything until the mixture is mostly smooth. It’s okay if it’s still a bit lumpy – the mashed bananas will always result in some texture being present. Set this bowl aside and prepare to make the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
In a small bowl mixed together the ingredients to create the cinnamon filling. You’ll need organic brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted vegan butter. Stir these three ingredients together until everything is well combined and set aside.
Now that everything has been prepared, you’re ready to transfer the mixture to a baking pan. I used a 9 inch rectangular baking dish for this recipe and lined it with parchment paper which will make for an effortless retrieval once finished. If you don’t have parchment paper you can also spray the inside of your pan with a generous amount of cooking spray as a substitute.
In your lined baking dish, add half of the banana bread mixture to the pan. Next, grab your cinnamon filling and dollop a few spoonfuls over top of the banana bread mixture. Use a toothpick or knife to swirl the mixture into the banana bread batter. Repeat the same process with the second half of the ingredients.
For added decoration feel free to top your vegan cinnamon banana bread with a sliced banana. This part is completely optional but I think it makes the dish look a bit more professional. Transfer your loaf to the oven and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Exact cooking times will vary because every oven is different. I would suggest beginning to check on your loaf every 10 minutes after 1 hour has passed.
Once your vegan cinnamon banana bread is finished, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool before retrieving from the baking dish. Once it has cooled enough, use a butter knife to loosen the top and bottom sides of the loaf that were not covered with parchment paper. If you did not use parchment paper you may find it helpful to go around all four sides of the pan to loosen the loaf. Use the parchment paper to pull the loaf out of the pan then transfer it to the serving dish of your choice. All that’s left to do is slice and enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Vegan Cinnamon Banana Bread:
- Bake for a little less than the recommended time to account for differences in ovens.
- Use a toothpick in order to check if the vegan cinnamon banana bread is ready. If it comes out clean it’s ready to be taken out of the oven, if it comes out with wet batter still on it, allow it to continue baking in increments of five minutes until it’s done.
- Use parchment paper to line your loaf pan. Using parchment paper will make retrieving your Vegan Cinnamon Banana Bread so much easier!
More Recipes You’ll Love:
I know you’ll love this recipe. It’s easy to make, requires just 5 ingredients, and is the perfect combination of cinnamon and banana flavor! Give this Vegan Cinnamon Banana Bread a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Easy Vegan Cinnamon Banana Bread [+VIDEO]
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp of water mixed)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups organic brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup vegan butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana sliced vertically (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a small bowl, create a flax egg by mixing together water and flaxseed meal. Set aside.2 flax eggs
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together.2½ cups all-purpose flour, ¾ cups organic brown sugar, 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, ¾ tsp salt
- Add in the mashed bananas, vanilla extract, almond milk, flax egg, and melted vegan butter to the same bowl. Mix to combine thoroughly.2 ripe bananas, ⅓ cup vegan butter, 1 tsp vanilla extract, ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk, 2 flax eggs
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the cinnamon filling. Set aside.¼ cup organic brown sugar, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 3 tbsp vegan butter
- In a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, add half of the banana bread mixture, then add dollops of the cinnamon filling overtop (retaining half). Swirl with a knife, then add the remaining half of the banana bread mixture, dollop with the remaining cinnamon filling and swirl.
- Top with optional sliced banana, then transfer to the oven.1 ripe banana
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Insert a toothpick to test for doneness.
- Once done remove from oven and let cool before removing from baking dish.
- Once cool, use a butter knife to loosen the top and bottom sides of the loaf. Use the parchment paper to pull the loaf out of the pan.
- Slice and enjoy!