When’s the last time you had cranberry oatmeal cookies? If it’s been a while (or not ever), you definitely want these cookies in your life! They’re chewy, soft, delish, and packed with cranberries!
Most anything cranberry related has been my jam lately. A few months ago I started making my own little snack mix to take for work. Super simple- just dried cranberries and unsalted peanuts. It sounds so basic, but it’s EVERYTHING to me! Actually, it’s become a bit of a problem.
Do you ever mindlessly eat? Yea, me neither 👀 I store my little snack mix in an appropriately sized small container. Just big enough to do the job. It’s about the size of one of those little applesauce snack things.
Anyways, I’ve learned that keeping these at my desk after arriving at the office is a terrible idea. Why? They’ll be gone by 9:30. Instead, I keep them in the fridge so when I’m actually hungry, I have to physically get up to get them. See my strategy there?! The cranberries are deliciously sweet while the peanuts provide a nice balance. Now let me tell you about these cranberry oatmeal cookies…
Because I’ve grown to love cranberries so much, I’ve been experimenting with different ways to enjoy them. Not to mention the fact that I recently bought 6 bags of them at Harris Teeter (they were on clearance for $1.25!). So what do you do with a pantry full of cranberries? BAKE!
How to Make Vegan Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Y’all, these cranberry oatmeal cookies are so bomb! They’re perfectly sweetened, cranberries in every bite, soft, and chewy! Best of all, they can be made using just one bowl.
After combining the ingredients I used a cookie scoop to distribute the mix onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. One thing I’ve noticed with oatmeal cookies is that they don’t spread like other cookies. However, there’s a simple solution. Simply flatten each cookie a bit before baking by gently pressing them down.
The first time I made these they were gone in two days. My husband at 12 of them in one afternoon! This is saying a lot because he’s never been too crazy about sweets. Certainly not 12 cookies in one day!
Any who, you need these cookies in your life and I’m not going to keep them from you any longer. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think of them in the comments below!
Other Vegan Desserts You’ll Enjoy:
Tools You Might Need:
This post contains affiliate links.
Vegan Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- ½ cup softened vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1- 1¼ cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, cream together both sugars and the vegan butter until it appears whipped.
- Next, add in all other ingredients and combine until evenly mixed (careful not to over-mix)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a standard cookie scoop to evenly distribute the cookies, spacing them appropriately. Gently flatten them a bit so that they are the shape and thickness you want them to be when they're done.
- Transfer the cookies to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once done baking, let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy! Store leftovers in airtight container.