NEW FAVORITE DINNER ALERT! Y’all I made this Thai Red Curry Vegetables recipe last week on a whim and I’m completely in love. It’s so easy to make and tastes like something you’d order at a restaurant! This is one of those meals you’ll make, taste, and pat yourself on the back because it’s so tasty.
If you take a glance at the ingredients, it might look like a bit much. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth. I would definitely recommend prepping all of your veggies first. I like to cheat and buy pre-cut broccoli. 🙂 Once that’s done, everything else comes together pretty quickly! For this dish, I decided to add in some baked tofu for some extra protein and substance. The more the merrier! The combination of tofu, rice, and veggies is sure to fill you up!
Making the dish:
Adding the tofu to this Thai Red Curry is completely optional. However, if you do decide to add it you can dress it up however you’d like. I decided to keep it simple and drizzle it with coconut aminos with a little salt and pepper. Sounds pretty basic, right? That’s because it is. I knew that the curry mixture would be the main attraction for this dish, so I wanted to make sure that the tofu had some flavor, but nothing that would overpower the curry. What’s crazy is that once I popped them out of the oven, I couldn’t stop eating them!
Putting the actual curry together takes no time at all. You’ll start with the basics, then add in the curry paste along with the coconut milk and you’re done! Once the broccoli, carrots, and red pepper is added they’re cooked in about 5-6 minutes depending on your preference. I prefer my veggies cooked, but still slightly crunchy. If you’d prefer your curry without the tofu, you’re done! If you’re planning to go with, you’ll just need to stir in the tofu once it’s finished cooking.
Making this curry was a little different for me becauseI typically enjoy a thicker curry, but I think a thinner version made it perfect for summer. It was light and delicious. This Thai Red Curry was also perfect for meal prep! The dish held up through the week like a champ! Hungry yet? Give this Thai Red Curry Veggie dish a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Thai Red Curry Vegetables
- 1 package super firm tofu cut into cubes (optional)
- coconut aminos (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Vegetables and Other Ingredients
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 2-3 carrots sliced
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- sliced green onions (for garnish)
- rice to serve
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and add diced tofu. Sprinkle with coconut aminos and salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 30-40 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Cook rice according to package ingredients.
- In a large pan, add oil over medium heat. Once heated, add in minced garlic and diced onions, stirring until fragrant.
- Add Thai red curry paste along with salt and pepper to taste and ground ginger. Stir until combined.
- Next, add in 1 can of full fat coconut milk and combine. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir in broccoli, carrots, and red pepper. Cover with a lid and let cook for 5-6 minutes or until veggies are cooked through.
- If curry is not thick enough, add in 1 tbsp of cornstarch + 1 tbsp of water and stir to combine. Let simmer on low heat.
- If you're preparing tofu, it should be finished cooking by now. Remove it from the oven and stir in with the curry.
- Plate the curry along with your cooked rice and garnish with green onion. Enjoy!