This post was sponsored by the amazing people over at Ancient Harvest!
Summer is upon us my friends! This means lighter foods to help balance out these hot summer days. This time of year has always been my favorite.
It’s possible that this is because my birthday is in June, but nonetheless it’s my favorite season and every year I’m excited for it’s arrival. I can already tell that this Vegan Tuna Pasta Salad is going to be making quite a few appearances before the summer concludes.
What makes this summer a bit different is the fact that my husband and I will be celebrating our first year in our new home together.
We planned to have a housewarming party months ago, but time escaped us. We’re now determined to have it before summer is out! You know what this means, right? I have to figure out what to serve!
Having gatherings is always a fun way to test out recipes with family and friends. I’m especially looking forward to serving this tasty Vegan Tuna Pasta Salad!
I made it using Ancient Harvest’s Super Grain Pasta Elbows that are made from organic corn and quinoa flour. I’ve tested out a number of pasta alternatives and this one is by far my favorite! It cooks in just 7 minutes and it holds its shape like a champ!
As with most non traditional pastas, it’s important to keep a close eye on it. If you overcook the noodles, it won’t be pleasant at all. If you have a gluten sensitivity, you’ll be happy to know that this pasta is also gluten-free!
This pasta salad comes together in no time at all. Once all of the ingredients are prepared, you’ll just need to add all of them to a large bowl and gently stir them together.
This pasta salad is perfect for serving as a side dish, but lately I’ve been eating it as a meal. I love a dish with versatility! It’s also perfect for preparing in advance, so if you’re hosting guests this is a dish that can be prepared the day before.
Hungry yet? Get in the kitchen and start whipping up this Vegan Tuna Pasta Salad! If you enjoy this dish, I know you’ll love my vegan potato salad recipe too! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Vegan Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 can 20oz. Jackfruit (in brine, about 1 cup) shredded and squeezed dry with a clean dish cloth season to taste with your favorite seafood seasoning blend
- ½ cup sweet relish
- 2½ cups cooked Ancient Harvest Elbow Pasta
- ½ cup diced celery about 2 large stalks
- ¼ cup red onions diced small
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¾-1 cup vegan mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by cooking your Ancient Harvest Elbow Pasta according to the package directions.Note: I cooked mine for 7 minutes over boiling water to achieve the perfect consistency.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, strain the water using a colander and rinse with cold water 2-3 times until pasta is room temperature.
- In a large bowl, add in all of the ingredients and stir until combined.
- Serve and enjoy!