It’s pumpkin season folks! These Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes are going to be your new favorite breakfast treat this season. They’re easy to make, soft, fluffy and delicious!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Apple cider vinegar
- All purpose flour
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin spice seasoning
- Pumpkin purée
- Vanilla extract
- Vegan butter
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes
If you’ve never made homemade pancakes before, you’re in for a treat! Making these Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes is super easy and only requires a few basic ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
You’ll begin by making a vegan buttermilk. This will ensure your Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes are perfectly soft and tender. To make the buttermilk, simply measure out your unsweetened almond milk, then add the apple cider vinegar to the same dish. Stir the two ingredients together and set aside.
Next, gather all of your dry ingredients– the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin spice seasoning and salt. Measure each of them out according to the recipe card below, and add them to a large mixing bowl. Whisk them together until they are well combined.
Once the dry ingredients have been mixed, add in the wet ingredients– the pumpkin purée, vanilla extract and vegan butter. Grab the whisk and combine the wet with the dry. Stir the mixture until a batter has been formed. It’s okay if the batter is still a little lumpy, it doesn’t have to be perfectly smooth.
Once you’ve mixed the batter together, add in your dairy free chocolate chips. Gently stir these in and set aside.
Preheat a large pan and add oil if needed to prevent the pancakes from sticking. Once the pan is warm, use a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop out a portion of the Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Evenly space as many pancakes in the pan as appropriate, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
Once the pancakes begin to bubble on the top, they’re ready to flip! Allow the pancakes to cook on each side for 1-2 minutes. Once the Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes are done, they should appear golden in color. Repeat the process until all of the pancakes have been cooked.
Can These Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes be Frozen?
Absolutely! I love freshly made pancakes, so I prefer to freeze the batter itself. However, if you’re wanting to prep these pancakes so all you have to do is heat and eat, go ahead and make the pancakes as you normally would, let them cool completely, then use parchment paper to separate any that need to be stacked on top of each other.
When you’re ready to reheat the frozen pancakes, you can simply pop them into the toaster for a few minutes until they’re warmed through. Then enjoy as you normally would!
These Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes are super easy to put together, making them perfect for weekend brunching. With this recipe, there’s no need to waste money going out to eat when you can make something this tasty (if not more tasty) at home!
I know you’ll love these Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes! They’re easy to make, the perfect treat for fall, and you can freeze them! Go ahead and give these a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Other Pancake Recipes You’ll Love:
- Vegan Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Fluffy Easy Vegan Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Vegan Pancakes
- Flour-less Pancakes
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Tools to Make Your Life Easier:
Easy Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Combine the apple cider vinegar and almond milk in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup. Set aside.1¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.1½ cups all purpose flour, ⅓ cup brown sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1½ tsp pumpkin spice seasoning, pinch of salt
- Add in the wet ingredients, then gently whisk together until mostly smooth.1¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, ½ cup pumpkin purée, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Stir the dairy-free chocolate chips into the batter.½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, scoop out a spoonful of the batter onto a well oiled (can use additional vegan butter or cooking spray), heated pan. Once the pancake begins to bubble, flip it over using a spatula. Remove once the pancake is golden brown on both sides. Repeat until finished.