We’re still in the midst of pumpkin season which means I’m still whipping up pumpkin flavored goodness around these parts! A few days ago I realized that I hadn’t had pancakes in a while, so I decided to fix that. How? With these Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
I’ll admit, I’m not really the biggest fan of chocolate, but I was feeling festive on this particular day. In the future I’ll probably try them without. I’m sure they’ll be just as good! On the other hand, I do realize that a lot of folks love any excuse to eat chocolate so I figured I’d do my part and provide you with a reason to do so. 🙂 Making these pancakes was really easy. I love recipes where you can toss everything in one bowl, then simply mix everything together. I’m happy to share that this recipe is one of them!
These Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes are super easy to put together, making them perfect for weekend brunching. With this recipe, there’s no need to waste money going out to eat when you can make something this tasty (if not more tasty) at home! The majority of these ingredients I already had on hand. You know, the basics like flour, baking soda/powder, sugar, and almond milk. The only item I actually needed to purchase to make these pancakes was the pumpkin purée.
Because these pancakes only require 1/2 cup of the pumpkin purée, I still have almost another half leftover. Since I didn’t have a plan to use it in the next few days, I decided to freeze it. However, now that I’m thinking about it, I think some some pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls might be in order… would you be interested? My mouth is watering at the thought! With some cream cheese frosting? Oh yes!
Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I know you’ll love these Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes because they’re easy to make, they’re the perfect treat for fall, and you can freeze the leftover batter! Go ahead and give these a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp melted vegan butter
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Combine the apple cider vinegar and almond milk in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Gently push the dry ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) to the sides of the bowl, making a well. Proceed by adding all of the wet ingredients to the center, then gently whisk together until mostly smooth.
- Once the batter is combined. Heat your favorite pancake pan to a low medium heat and line the pan with cooking spray or additional vegan butter.
- Stir the dairy-free chocolate chips into the batter.
- Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop out a spoonful of the batter onto the heated pan. Once the pancake begins to bubble, flip it over using a spatula. Remove once the pancake is golden brown on both sides. Repeat until all batter is used (or freeze the leftover batter for another time).
- Top your pancakes with coconut whip and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin spice mix. Enjoy!