Okay, seriously… is it even possible to dislike pancakes? I could literally eat them for any meal of the day. For real. I’ve seen recipes for flour-less pancakes in the past, but never dared to try them myself. For what? I was perfectly happy with my go-to pancake recipe.
Well over the past few months, I’ve been trying to cut back on white flour (just a bit) and explore other interesting breakfast options like this Chia Seed Pudding Parfait. These were both really tasty options, but I missed hot breakfast meals! I’m so glad I discovered these flour-less pancakes! I could eat a whole stack and not feel guilty about them one bit!
As you can see from the recipe below, there’s no refined sugar and NO flour! Just a few simple ingredients (that you probably already have) and you’re ready to enjoy a nice stack of flour-less pancakes in just a few short minutes. Over the past two weeks, I’ve eaten these at least 3 or 4 times… and I plan to make more this weekend! I can’t get over how easy they are.
When making these pancakes, you have two options: a ripe banana or unsweetened applesauce. If you enjoy banana-flavored foods, you’ll definitely want to use the banana option. If you prefer more of a neutral taste, you’ll want to go with the unsweetened applesauce (this one was my fav). Want to know an added bonus? These flour-less pancakes are oil-free too! Just use a non-stick pan and you don’t have to use cooking spray to keep them from sticking!
If you’re looking for a guilt-free pancake stack, look no further! These flour-less pancakes are DEFINITELY worth a try and are so tasty! Whip some up and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Other Pancake Recipes You’ll Love:
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp rolled oats (I used quick oats)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (or sub one ripe banana)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or agave)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat nonstick pan to medium-low heat.
- Combine all ingredients to a blender until mixture is smooth.
- Measure out each pancake using a 1/3 measuring cup and add to hot nonstick pan. Once the pancake begins to bubble on the top, flip and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat when done and complete the process until all batter has been cooked. Serve with your favorite fruits and top with maple syrup. Enjoy!