If you love cinnamon rolls, you’ll love these easy vegan cinnamon roll pancakes! I’ve been wanting to share these with you all for a while, but couldn’t find the time for a re-do. The first time I made these, the taste was there, but the presentation wasn’t. I was convinced that I could make the swirls work by using a plastic baggie, cutting a small hole in the corner and proceeding as if I were making swirls on a cupcake. Well folks, that didn’t work out so well! The swirls were clumpy and inconsistent. I knew that I had to get my hands on a squeeze bottle for the next go round.
The squeeze bottle worked like a charm! I found it at Walmart for $1. As long as you apply consistent pressure, the swirls on your cinnamon roll pancakes should come out perfectly! And if for whatever reason they don’t, they’ll still taste good 😉 One of the things I experimented with when trying out this recipe, was by subbing the butter in the cinnamon swirl mixture with coconut oil. Well folks, I must admit the coconut mixture lost the battle. The coconut flavoring was a little too present for me. however if you’re obsessed with coconut, you might like it!
In the casual conversations I’ve had, it surprises me how many people don’t freeze a lot of foods. Growing up in my house, we froze most everything! Even bread! Pancake mix was no exception. If you’re cooking for yourself and don’t want to waste any leftover batter you have, why not save it for another weekend? Just pour your leftovers into a container, label it (I use regular scotch tape and write the contents and date on it with a sharpie) and stick it in the freezer! When you’re ready to use it, simply remove it from the freezer the night before and place it in the fridge. When you wake up the next morning, give it a little stir and start cookin’!
Do you plan on trying these cinnamon roll pancakes? When you do, let me know what you think in the comments below!
Hungry for more? Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, begin by mixing the dry ingredients together, then add in the wet ingredients. Mix well. Batter may be a little lumpy, but it's okay. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the swirl mixture ingredients, then transfer to a squeeze bottle.
- In another small bowl mix together the glaze and set aside.
- Transfer the pancake batter to a heated, oiled pan using at 1/4 measuring cup, then add the swirl using the squeeze bottle. Flip when bubbles appear, and allow the other side to cook for another minute or so (or until browned). Repeat with the remaining batter
- Once all pancakes have been cooked, top each serving with the glaze and enjoy!
The BEST pancakes I’ve ever had OR made! They were so easy to make and are so delicious!! They are light and not too sweet (unless you’re someone like me who loves baked sweets 🤪😋). The recipe calls for applesauce but I didn’t have any applesauce on hand but I had some apples so I whipped up a quick batch of applesauce and it worked very well. My son loved it too! I am transitioning to vegan so finding this blog and recipe were heaven-sent. I was not disappointed and you won’t be either.