Okay so I’m sure by now you’ve heard of banana bread, but have you ever heard of Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread? I’m not going to lie, I’m usually not a huge fan of pumpkin season, but I’ve turned over a new leaf and I’m embracing the fall this year, so bring on all the pumpkin vibes because I’m here for it!
This year I wanted to share a Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread recipe to get you in the fall mood and I know you’re going to love it!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread:
- Ground flaxseed meal
- All-purpose flour
- Organic brown sugar
- Pumpkin spice seasoning
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin puree
- Ripe bananas
- Vegan butter
- Walnuts (optional)
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
How to Make Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread:
I love this recipe because it is super easy to make, plus it is incredibly moist with just the right amount of pumpkin and banana flavor that will have you running back for seconds.
To start you’ll want to gather all of your ingredients. There’s nothing worse then getting halfway through a recipe only to realize that you are missing an ingredient or two. once all of the ingredients are gathered I always find it best to go ahead and prep the ingredients that need prepping.
For this particular recipe I like to start by creating the flax eggs so that they have time to form. In addition, I like to mash the bananas so that when it’s time to add them to the bowl they’re ready to go.
In a large bowl add in all of the dry ingredients- your flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and salt. Whisk these ingredients together so that they are combined, then add in all of the wet ingredients- the mashed bananas, pumpkin puree, vegan butter, and flax eggs.
Mix everything in the bowl together until well-combined. You can continue to use a whisk like I did, but just know that the batter gets pretty thick so using a hand mixer might be easier. If you’re ready for a brief workout, whisk away!
Once all of the ingredients for the Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread are mixed together grab a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper. I like to add parchment paper to my loaf pan so that removing the Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread is super easy and effortless.
Once your loaf pan is lined with parchment paper add in the batter and top it with a sprinkle of chopped walnuts along with cinnamon to taste. If you want to get fancy, you can also slice a banana lengthwise and arrange it on top so that it has a nice design when finished baking. Transfer the Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread to the oven and allow it to cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
It’s important to note that every oven is different so while my oven cooked my Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread perfectly in 1 hour and 20 minutes, yours may take more or less time. I would recommend baking for 1 hour and adjusting the time as needed.
A good way to check if your bread is done is to insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean it’s ready, if it’s wet allow it to continue baking in increments of five minutes until it’s done. It’s always best to err on the side of caution when baking because nobody wants a dry Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread!
Once the Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread is finished baking allow it to cool for about 30 minutes or so before retrieving it from the loaf pan. Removing it prematurely could result in the bread falling apart because it’s so hot.
When the bread has cooled, slice and enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread:
- Bake for a little less than the recommended time to account for differences in ovens.
- Use a toothpick in order to check if the vegan banana pumpkin bread is ready. If it comes out clean it’s ready to be taken out of the oven, if it comes out with wet batter still on it, allow it to continue baking in increments of five minutes until it’s done.
- Use parchment paper to line your loaf pan. Using parchment paper will make retrieving your Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread so much easier!
If you love this recipe you’ll love my Vegan Cinnamon Apple Bread recipe! Give this Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Other Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love!
- Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Easy Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
Easy Vegan Banana Pumpkin Bread
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp of water mixed)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups organic brown sugar
- 2½ tsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup vegan butter melted
- 1 ripe banana sliced vertically (optional)
- walnuts chopped (optional)
- ground cinnamon to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a small bowl, create a flax egg by mixing together water and flaxseed meal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add the dry ingredients and mix together
- Add in the pumpkin puree, mashed bananas, flax egg, and melted vegan butter to the same bowl. Mix to combine thoroughly.
- In a loaf pan lined with parchment paper, add the mixture and smooth to spread evenly.
- Top with optional sliced banana, chopped walnuts and ground cinnamon to taste.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick to test for doneness.
- Once done remove from oven and let cool before removing from baking dish.
- Once cool, use a butter knife to loosen the top and bottom sides of the loaf. Use the parchment paper to pull the loaf out of the pan.
- Slice and enjoy!