This post was sponsored by jack & annie’s!
If you’ve been riding this vegan wave with me for a while, you know that I’m OBSESSED with jackfruit! It’s easy to work with, versatile and delicious! Speaking of obsessions… these vegan bbq jackfruit pizza rolls are my latest obsession for sure! They’re super easy to make, cheesy and “meaty” thanks to the Smoky Jack Pulled Pork from jack & annie’s!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make these Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Rolls:
- All- Purpose Flour
- Pre-Made Pizza Dough
- BBQ Sauce
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- jack & annie’s Smoky Jack Pulled Pork
- Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Parsley (optional)
Vegan Garlic Butter Topping (optional)
- Vegan Butter
- Minced Garlic
- Italian Seasoning
How to Make Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Rolls
I love making these Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Rolls because they’re so easy to make! Using the pre-made pizza dough and jack & annie’s Smoky Jack Pulled Pork saved me so much time putting this dish together!
To begin, you’ll want to sprinkle a generous amount of all-purpose flour over a clean work space. A large section of your counter top should work well. Take your pre-made pizza dough and knead it out on the floured counter top a few times, then roll out the pizza dough in a rectangular shape until it’s about ½ inch thick.
Spread the bbq sauce over the dough, leaving a ½ inch border around the sides, followed by the vegan mozarella cheese, jack & annie’s Smoky Jack Pulled Pork and Italian seasoning to taste. Since it’s important to spread everything as evenly as possible, it may be necessary to use your fingers to break up large chunks of jackfruit that may be stuck together.
Now that everything has been added, with the longest edge closest to you begin rolling the dough as tightly as you can in order to create a horizontal log shape. Cut the log into 1½-2 inch pieces and transfer them into a greased baking dish.
Not comfortable with rolling the dough into one big log? You can also cut the horizontal rectangle into 1½-2 inch strips, roll each one individually then transfer each of them onto a greased baking dish.
Transfer the Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Rolls to the oven and bake for 35 minutes on 425° or until golden brown. While the rolls are baking, now would be a great time to mix together the ingredients for the garlic butter topping- the melted vegan butter, minced garlic and Italian seasoning.
Once the rolls are finished baking, remove them from the oven and top them with the vegan garlic butter.
How Do I Store These Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Rolls?
You can store these rolls in the fridge for 2-3 days. It’s always best to keep them in an airtight container or wrap them (really) tight with plastic wrap in the dish you baked it in.
How Can I Reheat Them?
You can reheat these Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Rolls in the microwave for 45 seconds to one minute. Alternatively you can pop them into the air fryer on 325 for 1-2 minutes or until warm.
I know you’ll love these Easy Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Rolls! They’re really easy to put together and make for the perfect appetizer to share (or not) with family and friends!
You could make these for game day appetizers or serve them to your kids as an after school snack. Give these pizza rolls a try and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Other Appetizers You’ll Love:
- Vegan Air Fried Mac and Cheese Bites
- Easy Vegan BBQ Cauliflower Wings
- Easy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Buffalo Tempeh Wings
- Spicy Chicken Fried Jackfruit
Easy Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Rolls
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Sprinkle flour on a clean work space large enough to roll pizza dough on.
- Knead pizza dough on the counter a few times. Use a rolling pin to roll out pizza dough into a horizontal rectangular shape until it's about ½ inch thick.
- Spread the bbq sauce over the dough, leaving a ½ inch border around the sides, followed by the vegan mozarella cheese, jack & annie's Smoky Jack Pulled Pork (large parts separated as needed) and Italian seasoning.
- Starting with the longest edge closest to you, roll the dough as tightly as you can until you have the dough in a horizontal log shape. Cut them into pieces that are 1½-2 inches thick OR you can cut them into strips first, then roll them individually.
- Place each roll in a lightly greased baking dish (or dish lined with parchment paper) and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking, mix together the ingredients for the vegan garlic butter (if making).
- Once finished baking, remove from the oven and use a brush to top with optional vegan garlic butter and garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!