This post was sponsored by Rhodes Bake N Serv!
Breakfast is easily my favorite part of the day because the options are endless! Feel the same? I knew you would! You’ll love these Easy Vegan Mini Breakfast Sandwiches. They require minimal effort, great for sharing (or not!) and require just 4 simple ingredients.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Vegan Mini Breakfast Sandwiches:
To make these Vegan Mini Breakfast Sandwiches, you’ll need the following:
- Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls
- Vegan Folded Egg
- Vegan Sausage Patties
- Vegan Cheese Shreds or Slices
- Everything Bagel Seasoning (optional)
How to Make Vegan Mini Breakfast Sandwiches
Making these vegan mini breakfast sandwiches is really easy! You’ll want to start by first thawing your Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls. You can do this one of two ways, the first being overnight in the refrigerator for 8-16 hours. The second being in 3 to 5 hours on the counter (the time variation will depend on the temperature of your home). I knew that when I woke up I wanted to make these vegan mini breakfast sandwiches immediately so I decided to go ahead and take them out of the freezer the night before so that they would be ready for me to get started soon after I woke up.
Even if you do decide to thaw the bread overnight, it’s still necessary to let the dough rise at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours after removing it from the refrigerator. So what I did was remove them from the refrigerator and set them out on the counter so that they could continue rising while I finished a few household chores before tackling breakfast.
After the bread has doubled in size, it’s ready to bake! I love a little extra seasoning, so I decided to top my rolls with some everything bagel seasoning for a little extra flare. This part is completely optional, so feel free to skip it if it’s not your thing or substitute with something else that you would prefer. Bake your Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls in the oven according to package directions.
Once the diner rolls are done baking let them cool on the counter for a while until they are around room temperature. I advise letting them cool so that it’s easier (and neater) to cut.
Now that the dinner rolls have cooled, use a butter knife to go along the sides of the baking dish to remove or loosen any of the bread that may be stuck to the sides of the pan. Once the edges are loosened you may find it helpful to use a spatula to help ease the bread out of the baking dish from the bottom. Transfer the bread to a clean and dry surface like a large cutting board. Grab a serrated knife and gently cut across the dinner rolls, separating the top half from the bottom.
At this point you are ready to start building your breakfast sandwiches. You can do this by adding your cooked folded vegan eggs, followed by your cooked vegan sausage patties of choice and vegan shredded or sliced cheese. Cover the layers with the top half of the rolls and place them back in the oven at 325° for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is warmed through or melted.
Remove them from the oven and slice the rolls into individual sandwiches and prepare to enjoy!
Tips for the Perfect Vegan Mini Breakfast Sandwiches:
- Cook the frozen egg patties and sausage ahead of time (something you could do while the bread is rising)
- Spray pan with a generous amount of oil so that rolls don’t stick heavily to the sides and bottom of the baking dish. This will also make them easier to remove.
- Use parchment paper for easy removal if you have any. This works even better than oil and makes the rolls easier to take in and out of the pan at once by simply pulling up on the sides!
I know you’ll love these Easy Vegan Mini Breakfast Sandwiches! They’re made using frozen ingredients and simple enough to make when you need to feed a group. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Other Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- Vegan Blueberry Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- Easy Instant Pot Garlic Herb Potatoes
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
Tools You Might Need:
Easy Vegan Mini Breakfast Sandwiches (No Tofu!)
- Spray your baking dish with oil (or line with parchment paper) and thaw Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Once thawed and rolls have doubled in size, sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning to taste (optional).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove the dinner rolls from the oven and let cool until they've reached room temperature.
- Use a butter knife to gently loosen the dinner rolls from the sides of the baking dish if needed and use a spatula to carefully remove all of the dinner rolls from the dish at once (if using parchment paper, pull the rolls out of the baking dish by pulling up on the sides of the paper). Transfer to a clean, dry surface.
- Carefully cut the dinner rolls across the middle using a serrated knife, removing the top half from the lower half.
- Layer your folded vegan egg, sausage and cheese onto the bottom half of the dinner rolls, then cover with the top half. Carefully transfer back to the baking dish.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325° and continue baking the rolls for 10 minutes or until vegan cheese is warmed or melted.
- Remove from the oven and cut into individual sandwiches. Enjoy!