If you’ve never tried roasting a whole cauliflower head you have got to try this recipe! Not only does it make a perfect main dish, it’s flavorful and delicious! This Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Head is covered in a simple peanut sauce and then roasted in the oven for the perfect finish.
The final result is a perfectly roasted head of cauliflower with a spicy peanut flavor that will have you wondering why you never thought of doing this before!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make a Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Head:
- Fresh cauliflower head
- Olive oil
- Green onion (optional)
- Organic peanut butter
- Ground ginger
- Garlic powder
- Soy sauce
- White vinegar
- Cayenne pepper
How to Make a Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Head:
Making this Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Head is super simple. You’ll want to start by gathering up all of your ingredients. There’s nothing worse than getting halfway through a recipe only to find out that you’re missing a few things.
Once all of your ingredients have been gathered, go ahead and prepare your cauliflower head. You’ll want to remove any excess stems from underneath so that when you place it upright, it does so on its own.
You’ll also want to remove any leaves that may be attached. Once your cauliflower head is prepped you can go ahead and brush it with a little bit of olive oil to taste plus season it with salt and pepper. Set it aside while you prepare the peanut sauce.
To make this easy peanut sauce you’ll want to ensure sure that you’re using peanut butter that is soft. If you’ve ever purchased organic peanut butter you know that sometimes if you don’t stir it well enough in the beginning, you’ll get down to the bottom of the container only to realize that what’s left is almost rock hard.
You’ll want to avoid using that for this recipe. It’s important that the peanut butter you use is soft so that when you mix everything together it is perfectly smooth.
In a medium sized bowl go ahead and add all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce– the softened peanut butter, ground ginger, soy sauce, garlic powder, white vinegar, agave, water, cayenne pepper, and a few pinches of salt to taste.
Grab a whisk or spoon and mix all the ingredients together until your mixture Is perfectly smooth. If when you’re done mixing, you realize that the peanut sauce may still be too thick, mix in a spoonful of water at a time until the consistency is thin enough to spread.
Use a brush to generously coat the cauliflower head in the peanut sauce. You want to make sure that the entire cauliflower head is covered so be sure to get underneath and in all the crevices and cracks. Transfer the cauliflower head to a medium sized dish and then cover with foil. Transfer the Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Head to the oven and allow it to cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
Once 40 minutes has passed, change the oven setting to boil then remove the foil and continue to let the cauliflower head cook for another 5 minutes or so. This will help give the cauliflower head that nice roasted look.
Once the Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Head is finished cooking remove it from the oven and garnish with chopped green onion. All that’s left to do is slice and enjoy!
I know you’ll love this spicy roasted cauliflower head! It’s really easy to make and would make the perfect main dish for the holidays.Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Pair this Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Head with:
- Easy Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- Everything Bagel Seasoning Dinner Rolls
- Southern Black Eyed Peas
- Easy Instant Pot Garlic & Herb Potatoes
More Cauliflower Recipes You’ll Love:
- Cauliflower Curry
- BBQ Cauliflower Wings
- Sweet and Sour Cauliflower Wings
- Spicy Chicken Fried Cauliflower
Tools to Make Your Life Easier:
Hungry for more? Follow me on Youtube, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower Head [+VIDEO]
- 1 head fresh cauliflower (excess large stem removed from underneath)
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil to taste
- green onion for garnish optional
- 4 tbsp organic peanut butter softened
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp agave
- 3 tbsp water
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a medium sized bowl, add all of the ingredients for the peanut sauce and whisk to combine. Set aside.4 tbsp organic peanut butter, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp soy sauce, ½ tbsp white vinegar, 1 tbsp agave, 3 tbsp water, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, salt
- Place your head of cauliflower upright in a medium sized dish or oven safe deep pot. Brush with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.1 head fresh cauliflower, salt and pepper, olive oil
- Use a brush to generously coat the cauliflower head in the peanut sauce so that the entire head is covered.
- Cover with foil or pot lid and transfer to the oven to cook for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Change oven setting to broil, remove the foil or lid and continue to cook the cauliflower head for another 5 minutes.
- Once finished remove the cauliflower head from the oven and garnish with green onion (optional).green onion for garnish
- Slice and enjoy!
Don’t underestimate the limited ingredients of this recipe because it was flavorful and spicier than I anticipated. Highly recommend trying. Nice spin on cauliflower.