I am officially OBSESSED with these Garlic Herb Potatoes! If you haven’t noticed by now, I am obsessed with potatoes! They’re so versatile, and super cost effective. Especially since we’re quarantined! I don’t know about you but my grocery shopping lately has been an absolute mess.
Probably because every time I go, I’m preparing for the end of the world! LOL It’s never just a regular trip to the store. In my quest to buy food that would last for an extended period of time, I decided that potatoes would make for a good buy.
Potatoes have a pretty good shelf life and can be used for a variety of different dishes. It’s been about 3 weeks or so since I bought this huge bag of redskin potatoes and these Garlic Herb Potatoes have been my favorite new creation!
How to Make Garlic and Herb Potatoes
You would not believe how easy it is to make these Garlic Herb Potatoes! This is probably one of the easiest side dishes I’ve ever made. If you’re ever in a pinch definitely add this to your list of emergency side-dishes! You’ll begin by dicing your redskin potatoes. My potatoes were a little large, so I ended up with diced pieces that were about 2 inches in size. This is helpful to know because if your potatoes are smaller, you’ll want to be sure to reduce your cooking time.
Once your potatoes are diced, you’ll simply transfer them to your instant pot along with your water or vegetable broth. If you don’t have vegetable broth, it’s not absolutely necessary. You can substitute with water. However, if you do have vegetable broth, you should definitely use it! Using broth will add a little extra flavor to your dish.
Instant Pot Garlic Herb Potatoes
Like all instant pots, they’ll take some time to build up pressure. While this is happening, you can go ahead and melt your vegan butter and measure out your seasonings. That way, when your potatoes are done cooking, you’ll be ready for the next step!
Once the potatoes are ready, you’ll first want to drain any excess liquid. Next, grab a large mixing bowl to transfer the potatoes to. Now it’s time to season! Grab your melted vegan butter and drizzle it over the potatoes. Then grab your seasoning mixture and shake it over the potatoes a little at a time, gently stirring between shakes. Careful not to stir too hard, you don’t want to end up with mashed potatoes! Once the seasonings and vegan butter have been added, you’re ready to serve!
I know you’ll love these Garlic Herb Instant Pot Potatoes! They’re super easy to make and are simply delicious! My husband and I have been eating them for the past two weeks! Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Tools You Might Need:
Other Potato Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Scrambled Tofu + Potato Breakfast Wrap
- BBQ Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Potato Sausage Hash
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
This post contains affiliate links.
Garlic + Herb Instant Pot Potatoes
- 2 lbs red skin potatoes diced into 1½-2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 2¾ cups water or sub vegetable broth for more flavor
- Place diced potatoes in your instant pot along with water or vegetable broth. On manual setting, adjust the cooking time to 2 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, measure out all of the seasonings and place them in a small dish.
- Once the potatoes have finished cooking drain the excess liquid and transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted vegan butter over the potatoes and gently stir to combine.
- Add a generous amount of the seasoning mixture (to taste) to the potatoes and gently stir to combine.
- Pair with your favorite meal and enjoy!