When’s the last time you had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Been a while? Yea, me too. But don’t get it twisted, I still love me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, no matter how old I get they’ll always be my go-to when I’m in a pinch and need something quick (and nostalgic)!
If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy the flavor of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, (just without the sandwich part) I’ve got just the thing. This Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie is most definitely a hit y’all! I legit couldn’t stop drinking mine. Honestly, they barely made it through this photoshoot! They were THAT good!
How to Make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
Making a peanut butter and jelly smoothie is really simple. To start, you’ll need a few simple ingredients:
- Organic Peanut Butter
- Frozen or Fresh Strawberries
- Plant Milk
If you’re like me, you likely have a lot of these ingredients on hand already! To begin, I like to start by measuring out all of the ingredients. Once all of your ingredients are measured out, simply add everything to your high-speed blender and blend until you’ve reached your preferred consistency, adding as much or as little plant-milk as you need.
It might be helpful to note that if you’re using fresh strawberries, you may find that you need less plant milk. In my experience, the more frozen items I use, the more plant milk I need to add in order to get the perfect consistency. I enjoy my smoothies thick, but not too thick. The quantities given in the recipe card are perfect for me, but everyone’s got their own preference when it comes to smoothies, so feel free to make it your own and customize it as you see fit.
How to Customize This Smoothie:
There are a few different ways you can customize this smoothie to really make it your own. Here are a few ideas:
- Out of agave? You could also substitute for equal parts coconut sugar or another sweetener of your choice.
- Not really into strawberries? Try subbing strawberries with raspberries instead. You could also opt for a frozen berry blend.
- Want to add a little more protein to your smoothie? Try adding in your favorite neutral flavored protein powder.
- Wanna make a peanut butter and jelly smoothie bowl? To make a PB&J smoothie bowl, ease up on the plant milk, adding just enough to allow the ingredients to blend together so that the end result is a thicker consistency, perfect for scooping. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and top it with anything you’d like (fresh fruit, more peanut butter, nuts…etc).
Other Smoothie Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
I know you’ll love this Easy Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie! It’s both nostalgic and delicious! Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Tools You Might Need:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
- 1½ heaping cup fresh or frozen strawberries (I used frozen)
- ¼ cup organic peanut butter
- 1 cup plant milk of choice
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp agave
- Add all ingredients to a blender and combine until smooth.
- Garnish with a drizzle of peanut butter (optional) and serve. Enjoy!