What are some of your favorite Christmas cookies? I have a few, but on my shortlist are these easy Vegan Butter Cookies. They are SOOOO good! Lightly crispy with the perfect balance of butter and sugar formed to make a soft lightly crispy cookie that is super simple, yet delicious.
Ingredients you’ll need to make vegan butter cookies:
To make these easy Vegan Butter Cookies you’ll just need 4 simple ingredients:
- Vegan Butter
- Organic Cane Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Vegan Butter Cookies:
To make these vegan butter cookies you’ll want to start by first beating your softened vegan butter and sugar together using a high speed blender or a standing mixer. It’s important to make sure that your butter is softened, not melted. Softened butter will help add to the texture of your cookies so be sure to leave it out on the counter for a few hours ahead of time so that you can easily press your fingers into it.
Once the vegan butter and sugar have been thoroughly mixed together, you’re ready to add your flour, salt, water and vanilla extract into the mix. Continue mixing until everything is well combined and a firm cookie dough is formed.
Use a cookie scoop to form each cookie and roll into a ball. You can leave them as if or use the back of a fork to press down and create a decorative invention. No need to press down all the way. The cookie will spread naturally as it bakes in the oven. The goal here is to press down just enough to make an indention, so about ¼ should do the trick.
Transfer your vegan butter cookies too a preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Once the cookies are finished baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 4-5 minutes.
Once your vegan butter cookies have cooled enough, enjoy! These cookies are the perfect classics to add to your cookie tin or swap during the office cookie exchange.
How Long do Vegan Butter Cookies Keep?
These cookies will last for 3-4 days if kept out on the counter or 4-6 days if kept in the fridge. Either way, be sure to keep them in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
I know you’ll love these Easy Vegan Butter Cookies! They’re simple to make, only require 4 basic ingredients and they are ADDICTIVE! Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
More Christmas Cookies You’ll Love:
- Vegan Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Thumbprint Cookies
- Christmas Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
Tools You Might Need:
Hungry for more? Follow me on Youtube, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Easy Vegan Butter Cookies
- ½ cup softened vegan butter (I used Earth Balance)
- 6 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all- purpose flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened vegan butter and sugar with an electric mixer until it appears fluffy.
- Add in the flour, salt, vanilla and water. Continue mixing until well combined and the dough has formed.
- Using a standard cookie scoop, scoop out each chunk of dough and roll each into a ball using the palms of your hands. Place on a pan lined with parchment paper, evenly spaced.
- Using the back of a fork, gently press down about ¼ of the way into the center of each ball (optional- or leave as is).
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 4-5 minutes. Enjoy!
My husband enhaled these cookies! They were delicious. Thanks so much for the easy recipe! Will definitely make these again.
Has anyone ever tried these w/ whole wheat pastry flour?
When I printed the recipe it said 2 T water, and I think that may be a mistake bc they didn’t turn out.
These are delicious. Such a simple preparation for such a light fluffy perfectly sweet flavor! Thank you!!! I love all of your cookies!!