YALL! This Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake is about to be your new favorite dessert this summer! It’s incredibly moist thanks to the olive oil and filled with lots of lemony flavor.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake:
- All- purpose flour
- Organic cane sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Fresh Lemons
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon extract
- Unsweetened soy milk
- Organic powdered sugar
How to Make Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake:
To make this Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake you’ll want to start by gathering up all of your ingredients. There’s nothing worse than starting a recipe only to find out halfway through that you are missing something, so be sure to check that you have everything before getting started.
Once your ingredients are gathered you can begin by preheating your oven to 375 and adding all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. If you’d like you can make this Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake using a standing mixer, however there’s no need. A mixing bowl and a whisk will work just fine!
Once all of your dry ingredients are added to the bowl start whisking to combine everything. Now you’ll want to added all of your liquid ingredients and whisk them together in order to form the batter. It’s important to know that the batter consistency will be on the thicker side, so when this happens don’t get nervous! This is perfectly normal.
How to Keep Your Cake From Sticking to the Pan:
Now that your batter for the Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake has been formed you’re ready to transfer this cake into the oven. Grab your bundt cake pan and line it with a nonstick oil so that the cake is able to be removed easily. I recently learned a trick from Grandbaby Cakes where she combined shortening, oil and flour together in a small dish and used it to line the inside of a bundt pan for easy removal.
Unfortunately I didn’t have any shortening on hand so I just used regular oil and flour and it worked just fine. I didn’t measure anything out, just poured some oil into a small container along with a few scoops of all purpose flour and shook it up to combine. Then I simply used a brush to evenly coat the inside of the bundt pan.
Once the pan is coated, pour in your batter and place it on the middle rack in the oven and allow the cake to bake for 35 to 40 minutes. You’ll know the cake is done when the top of the cake bounces back up after lightly pressing it down with your fingers. Another way to confirm whether or not your cake is done is to insert a toothpick into the cake.
If it comes out clean the cake is finished. If the toothpick has some residue on it still, you’ll know that it needs a few more minutes to continue baking. Keep checking on the cake every five minutes or so to monitor its progress.
Preparing the Icing:
At this point you can begin preparing the icing to go over top of your Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake. To make the icing you’ll just need just three ingredients— powdered sugar, lemon zest and fresh lemon juice.
Whenever I’m making an icing such as this I always find it best to sift the powdered sugar before adding in the other ingredients. When the powdered sugar is sifted it releases any lumps that could be present. This means that the final product will be completely smooth, which is exactly what we want!
Once your powdered sugar is sifted, add in the fresh lemon juice from the lemons that you juiced earlier along with 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. Mix these three ingredients together using a small whisk or a fork and set aside until later when you’re ready to ice the cake. If you’d like more icing, this portion of the recipe can easily be doubled!
Once your Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake has finished baking remove it from the oven and set it aside for a few minutes to cool. It’s always best to wait until the cake is completely cooled to flip it out of the bundt pan, but if you’re like me and you can’t wait to see how it’s going to come out, be sure to do so carefully and flip it directly onto the plate or cake stand that you intend to keep it on.
If you made the flour and oil mixture that I mentioned earlier you will be able to release your cake from the bundt pan with no problem. Before icing, just be sure that your cake is completely cooled. We don’t want the icing to get soaked into the cake, just nicely sit on top of it.
Once the Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake has cooled, give your icing a good stir, as the top layer has likely hardened a bit. Drizzle it over the top of your Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake, slice and enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake:
- Zest lemons before juicing. As you might imagine, zesting lemons that you’ve already juiced is a little difficult! I’ve made this mistake before and would hate for you to do the same. Zest the lemons first, sis!
- Coat your bundt pan WELL. There’s nothing worse than a perfectly good cake that doesn’t want to come out of its pan! Pour some oil into a small dish with a lid along with a few scoops of all-purpose flour. Shake it up and use this to coat the inside of your pan (check out the video link from Grandbaby Cakes above!)
- Sift Your Powdered Sugar. I hate when I forget to sift my powdered sugar when I’m making icing! This means I’m stuck trying to whisk away all the tiny little lumps. Don’t be like me, sift first!
- Use quality olive oil. The olive oil in this recipe not only adds to its unique flavor, but it makes the cake incredibly moist! When you’re shopping for your olive oil, go for the good stuff. Not the cheapest.
I know you’ll love this Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake! It’s incredibly moist, delicious and filled with lemony flavor that’s perfect for the summer, or any time of year! Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Other Lemon Recipes You’ll Love:
- Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
Tools you might need:
Easy Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake (SUPER MOIST!) [+VIDEO]
- 1½ cups organic powdered sugar sifted
- 5 tsp fresh lemon juice (from zested lemons)
- 1 tsp lemon zest plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a large mixing bowl add in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, lemon zest and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the olive oil, lemon extract and unsweetened soy milk to the same bowl. Whisk until mixture is well combined (will be thick, but should be easy to mix).
- Spray your bundt pan thoroughly with a non-stick spray (or flour/oil mixture described in the blog post above) and add in the batter.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 35- 40 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and pulled out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven once done and set aside to let cool for a while before removing the cake from the pan.
- While the cake is cooling, mix together the ingredients for the icing and set aside. See note about icing below.
- Once the cake has cooled, flip the cake onto a plate or cake stand, then drizzle with icing.
- Garnish with additional lemon zest and enjoy!