This post was sponsored by the amazing people at GoWise USA!
By now I’m sure you’ve caught wind of the electric pressure cooker craze that seems to be sweeping the nation from kitchen to kitchen. I’ve been wanting to jump on the electric pressure cooker train, so when the opportunity came along to partner with GoWise and use their new Electric Pressure Cooker, I was super excited! Coming up with a dish to make was tough! The options are endless! I was in the mood for something savory, so I decided to go with this amazingly delicious Sweet Potato + Spinach Thai Curry.
If by chance you’ve been living under a rock for the past year or so (it’s okay, happens to me too) and you’re wondering what all of the hype is about, it’s simple. Electric pressure cookers cook everything SUPER fast. Like, lightning speed. It’s crazy! I won’t lie, my first round of cooking with the pressure cooker didn’t go so well. Unfortunately I underestimated just how fast it cooked. However, I quickly learned after my fresh cauliflower turned into crumbles after 20 minutes of being cooked on high (yikes). Take my word for it. Do your research first!
Not yet part of the Electric Pressure Cooker club? I’ve got good news. Starting May 1st-12th you can get 15% off the 700 series pressure cookers on Amazon using code 15GOWISEPC. Alternatively, you can use this link and the discount will apply automatically!
Making this Sweet Potato + Spinach Thai Curry was the perfect way to introduce myself to the beauty of owning an electric pressure cooker. I used the saute setting to lightly brown the sweet potato chunks. Then I added a little water to the pot and used the manual setting to cook the sweet potatoes. After two minutes, the potatoes were done and I could easily cut them with a fork. SO tender! If you’ve ever cooked potatoes of any kind, you know they’re NEVER ready in two minutes! But with an electric pressure cooker, it’s totally possible.
Next, I needed to make the curry. I set aside the cooked potatoes and then used the saute setting again to cook the garlic, onions, and peppers. After they became fragrant, I tossed in the remaining ingredients and the curry was done! All that was left to do was to add in the veggies, plate, and serve. You can enjoy this dish with rice, or alone. It’s completely up to you!
Hungry yet? I certainly am! Click the link above to order your own electric pressure cooker and save 15% off until the 12th! Then when it’s delivered, try out this Sweet Potato + Spinach Thai Curry and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Sweet Potato + Spinach Thai Curry
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and diced in med/large chunks
- 3 oz. fresh spinach about 3 handfuls
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- In your GoWise Electric Pressure Cooker, turn on the sauté setting.
- Add a few drops of olive oil to the pot, then add the diced sweet potatoes. Stir regularly to allow light browning.
- Once sweet potatoes are lightly browned, add 1/2 cup of water to the pot, close the lid, set on low and adjust time to 2 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are done cooking, drain the remaining water and transfer cooked sweet potatoes to a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil (or water) to the pot, in addition to the minced garlic, serrano pepper, and onion. Sauté until onions are semi translucent.
- Add in the curry paste, salt, turmeric, and ground ginger until combined, then add coconut milk. Mix until curry is smooth, then stir in cornstarch and water mixture.
- Stir in fresh spinach, then add cooked sweet potatoes. Serve with rice (optional) or eat alone. Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!