Confession: I love a clean house, but I hate washing dishes. I mean, I don’t HATE it, but I hate it. I detest “Dish smelling hands,” I hate when I’ve washed so many of them that my fingers start to resemble raisins. I’d much rather be doing something else. Okay, maybe I really do HATE washing dishes. 😕 Which brings me to this dish: One Pan Teriyaki Tofu and Veggies.
I’ll admit, the title is actually a little deceiving. I actually had to use two pans to make this, but that was only because I was trying to load up on veggies. One pan of them plus the tofu just didn’t cut it. This is one of my fav dishes to make because it’s effortless and I don’t have to spend as much time cleaning up the mess made afterwards.
I’ve got another confession— I rarely wash dishes anymore. Not unless I need to or I need a particular item cleaned. A few weeks ago I decided that I should spend more time doing things that make me happy, and less time doing things that don’t (something I’ve been working on for a while). Doing dishes didn’t quite make the happy list, and because I spend so much time in the kitchen cooking, dishes are the last thing I wanna do afterwards.
So, I started using the dishwasher. Growing up, the dishwasher was reserved for rare occasions where we’d somehow ended up with a sink full of dishes after a long day. Like a holiday, perhaps. Because of this, I carried the same thought process into adulthood. Welp, that’s out the window. My husband and I take turns loading the dishwasher throughout the week and run it when it gets full. I’ve never felt so at ease!
Anywho, back to this One Pan Teriyaki Tofu and Veggies… As you’ll see below, I’ve included a little teriyaki marinade. If teriyaki isn’t your thing, you can swap it for your favorite marinade. The choice is yours! I also chose to use extra firm tofu. To me, it has the best texture.
I paired this One Pan Teriyaki Tofu and veggies with some brown rice and I was all set! You could also pair it with quinoa. This dish is perfect for meal prepping. I love that with minimal effort, you can get such a tasty meal. Hungry yet? Give this dish a try tonight and let me know what you think in the comments below!
One Pan Teriyaki Tofu and Veggies
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 red pepper sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain water from tofu and set aside.
- While the tofu is draining, mix together the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce and set aside. Once the tofu is finished draining, cut into about 3/4 inch cubes.
- In a medium sized dish, let the tofu marinate for about 15 minutes (or longer depending on how much time you have).
- Once the tofu is done marinating, place the cubed tofu on a baking pan with the chopped peppers, broccoli, and onions so that they are evenly placed. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, flipping the tofu and veggies halfway in between.
- Pair with rice or quinoa. Plate and enjoy!