Breakfast is without a doubt my favorite meal of the day. During the week, I keep it pretty simple with smoothies, but on the weekend I let loose! On this particular weekend, I wanted something that was sure to leave me feeling full and satisfied. Something simple, but tasty. This Vegan Potato Sausage Hash was just that! With just a few ingredients I was able to make this lovely bowl of goodness you see below. 🙂
Making this Vegan Potato + Sausage Hash
Making this Vegan Potato Sausage Hash was super simple. I started by dicing the potatoes into small pieces, then steaming them in the microwave for a few minutes. Steaming will help to speed up the cooking process while on the stove and add to the potato’s texture. For this recipe, I decided to use tiny Yukon gold potatoes, but you can totally sub for whatever you have on hand. I don’t discriminate when it comes to potatoes! Cutting them into small pieces will also help them to cook faster, so you can eat them faster 🙂
One of my favorite parts about this meal is that you can customize it with whatever you have on hand! I kept mine fairly simple, but next time I make this I’m thinking about adding in some other veggies like spinach and tomatoes. In other words, this recipe is perfect for cleaning out the fridge!
Everyone knows I love all things potatoes, but my favorite addition to this Vegan Potato Sausage Hash was the new plant-based Meatless Sausage Crumbles from Alpha Foods! I snagged these from Sprouts during a recent visit and I couldn’t wait to use them! They’re versatile, so the options are endless! For this recipe, I only used 1 cup. I’m so excited to make another meal using the remaining crumbles! I’m still amazed at how closely they resemble ground sausage!
I know you’ll love this recipe. Especially if you’re new to plant-based eating. I get tons of questions about plant-based breakfast options, so I’m confident this Vegan Potato Sausage Hash will come in handy for you! Hungry yet? Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
This post was sponsored by the wonderful people over at Alpha Foods! You can find a variety of Alpha products near you, here and a number of drool worthy ready-made meals you can pick-up if you’re on-the-go! Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Vegan Potato Sausage Hash
- 2 cups Yukon gold potatoes diced small
- ½ green pepper diced into medium pieces
- ½ red pepper diced into medium pieces
- ½ cup red onions diced into medium pieces
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- smoked paprika to taste
- 1 cup Alpha Foods Meatless Sausage Crumble
- 5-6 tbsp olive oil separated
- green onions for garnish optional
- sliced avocado for garnish optional
- Place the diced potatoes in a microwave safe container and heat for 3-3½ minutes. Once done, remove from the microwave and set aside to let cool.
- While the potatoes are cooling, you can prep/dice the veggies you'd like to use (peppers and onions…etc.).
- Once the potatoes have reached room temperature, heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat with 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Once the pan is heated, transfer the potatoes to the pan and season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika to taste. Stir frequently until browned on most sides and cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- While the potatoes are cooking in one pan, begin cooking the peppers and onions in another pan over medium heat with 2 tbsp of oil. Once mostly cooked, add in the Alpha Foods Meatless Sausage Crumble and mix in with the veggies. Season with salt, pepper and paprika to taste. Be sure to keep an eye on the potatoes too!
- Once the veggies and crumbles are done cooking combine them with the potatoes.
- Garnish with green onions and sliced avocado. Serve immediately. Enjoy!