Okay, I know what you’re thinking… Vegan Dessert Nachos sounds like a bit much, but it’s honestly the dessert you never knew you needed!
Freshly made tortilla chips tossed in cinnamon and sugar, then topped with all of your favorites like bananas, strawberries, cookie chunks, walnuts, sprinkles, a chocolate drizzle and ice cream.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- neutral oil for frying
- small flour tortillas
- organic cane sugar
- ground cinnamon
- vegan chocolate chips
- vegan butter
- fresh strawberries
- chocolate vegan cookie (or brownie)
- vegan vanilla ice cream
How to Make Vegan Dessert Nachos (Recipe)
To make this Vegan Dessert Nachos recipe, you’ll want to start by gathering all of your ingredients. There’s nothing worse than starting a recipe, only to realize that you’re missing something you need!
Lucky for you, this isn’t one of those recipes where you need everything to be perfect. You can feel free to customize this recipe by adding anything you’d like! Not a big cookie fan?
Try adding cake chunks! Into coconut? Add some! The options are truly endless.
Once you have all of your ingredients gathered, you can begin warming a shallow amount of oil over medium heat.
While that’s warming, slice your small flour tortillas into eighths. Stack them all one on top of the other, cut them in half, into fourths, then into eighths.
While you’re in the chopping mood, feel free to go ahead and slice/chop your strawberries, bananas, and walnuts.
Then set your vanilla ice cream out on the counter so if can begin to soften. Once your oil has reached about 350 degrees, add the sliced tortillas to the pan and cook them on both sides until lightly browned.
When they are finished cooking, transfer the chips to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
Repeat until all the chips have been cooked. In a large flat dish, add the cinnamon and sugar. Mix them together until well combined, then toss the cooked tortilla chips into the mixture.
Once all the chips are coated, transfer them to a serving plate.
Vegan Chocolate Sauce
Next, we’ll make the chocolate drizzle. Add the chocolate chips and vegan butter to a small bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30-40 seconds.
Alternatively, you can melt the mixture over a low-medium heat, stirring frequently. Once the mixture is melted, add one tablespoon of water at a time and stir until you’ve reached a consistency appropriate for drizzling. Set this aside until needed.
Now it’s time to start assembling everything!
Start layering your Vegan Dessert Nachos with all of your favorite toppings and don’t forget to finish them off with some sprinkles!
Vegan Dessert Nachos Ingredient Substitutions:
Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream – you can substitute this using a store-bought coconut whip or any other dairy-free ice cream you’d like! A birthday cake ice-cream, strawberry or any of your favs would work well here.
Fruit – Not a big fan of strawberries and banana? Feel free to swap them out with berries of your choice or even kiwi!
Chocolate Drizzle Topping – Chocolate not really your thing? You could also substitute this with an almond butter or peanut butter drizzle. Or simply omit all together!
Flour Tortillas – If you can’t get flour tortillas, you can use corn instead. However, the texture will differ greatly. Corn tortillas will turn into traditional tortilla chips when fried, while the flour tortillas will be slightly crispy, but soft (I highly recommend flour tortillas if possible!).
Chocolate Vegan Cookies – I used a store-bought chocolate cookie for convenience, but if you can’t find any near you, you can also make your own (lots of cookie options here – chocolate chip cookies would be great!) or even substitute with cake chunks or brownies.
Tips for Making the Best Vegan Dessert Nachos
- Use flour tortillas – of course you can make tortilla chips using corn tortillas, but the texture you’ll get by using flour tortillas is unmatched. They provide crunch with a balance of softness. Tossed in cinnamon and sugar, they make for the perfect vehicle to scoop up that softened vanilla ice cream.
- Customize, customize, customize! These Vegan Dessert Nachos are the best to me because they include everything I love. But if you’d prefer to add or subtract anything based on your own preferences, go for it!
How Long Do They Last?
These Vegan Dessert Nachos are best served fresh! Especially after they’ve already been assembled. But trust me, after you make this recipe they will disappear FAST! I almost at this whole batch by myself!
I know you’ll love these Vegan Dessert Nachos! They’re the perfect treat to share with family and friends, and soooo indulgent.
The ideal way to treat yo’self! Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
Easy Vegan Dessert Nachos (The BEST!)
- enough oil for frying (shallow amount)
- 6 small flour tortillas cut into eighths
- 4 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips melted, plus more for topping if desired
- 2 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 1 banana sliced
- 6 fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 large chocolate vegan cookie (or brownie)
- walnuts chopped (to taste)
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla ice cream softened
- vegan sprinkles to taste
- Warm your oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add in sliced tortilla pieces and brown on both sides.enough oil for frying, 6 small flour tortillas
- Once browned, transfer the cooked tortilla chips to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Set aside.
- In a large flat dish, add the cinnamon and sugar and mix until combined.4 tbsp organic cane sugar, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Coat the cooked tortilla chips in the cinnamon and sugar mixture, then transfer to a serving plate.
- Add the chocolate chips and vegan butter to a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30-40 seconds or until melted. Add 1 tbsp of water at a time and mix until you’ve reached a consistency appropriate for drizzling. Set aside.¼ cup vegan chocolate chips, 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Begin layering the cinnamon sugar chips with the sliced bananas, strawberries, vegan cookie or brownie, chopped walnuts, ice cream, sprinkles and drizzle with melted chocolate. Enjoy!1 banana, 6 fresh strawberries, 1 large chocolate vegan cookie, walnuts, 2 scoops vegan vanilla ice cream, vegan sprinkles