It’s no secret that I LOVE a good taco! They’re so versatile, easy to customize and delicious! Most folks reserve tacos for Tuesday, but in my house they’re on the menu way more than once a week! Veggie tacos are great, but every now and then I want something a little more meaty, so I used the Meatless Pieces from Quorn to make these tasty Crispy Air Fried Vegan “Chicken” Tacos!
How to Make Crispy Air Fried Vegan “Chicken” Tacos:
Making these Crispy Air Fried Vegan “Chicken” Tacos is a lot easier than you might think. In short, you simply prepare your Meatless Quorn Pieces to be coated, dip them in the wet batter, the dry mixture and air fry them for 20 minutes! Easy enough right?
To start this process, you’ll want to first place all of your Meatless Quorn Pieces in a colander and run them under warm water for about one minute or so. Next, pat them dry with a clean dish cloth or paper towel. Doing this will help the coating stick to the pieces better.
Prepping the dipping bowls:
Once your Quorn Meatless Pieces are patted dry, you’re ready to start preparing your dipping bowls. As stated before, you’ll have two of them: a wet batter and a dry mixture. To form the wet batter simply whisk the unsweetened almond milk, apple cider vinegar and flour together until it’s well combined. Once this is done, set this bowl aside and begin preparing your dry mixture.
What I love most about this dry mixture is that it’s so easy to make! Using the taco seasoning blend takes care of all of your seasoning needs since everything is already blended together. I used my own taco seasoning blend for these tacos, but you can use whatever taco seasoning you enjoy most as an alternative. If by chance you decide to use my taco seasoning recipe, I’d definitely recommend doubling it! You’ll thank me later!
If you love tacos like I do, this stuff disappears FAST so I find it necessary to always have some on hand. To make the dry mixture stir together your taco seasoning blend, panko breadcrumbs and cornstarch. The panko and cornstarch will ensure your tacos are perfectly crispy!
Now that your wet and dry batter are prepared, you’re almost ready to start dipping! Before you do, I would recommend having your air fryer basket handy so you can place your Quorn Meatless Pieces in it immediately after dipping in the dry mixture. As a note, I always find it easiest to line the bottom of the basket with foil for easier cleanup. This is optional and totally up to you! To begin the dipping process, organize your bowls as such: meatless pieces, wet batter, dry batter and the air fryer basket.
A handful at a time, transfer the meatless pieces to the wet batter (submerging them), then the dry batter (firmly pressing the dry mixture onto the meatless pieces), then into the air fryer basket. Repeat this process until all of your Quorn Meatless Pieces have been coated. Once this is done, give everything a light spray with your favorite cooking oil (I used olive oil) and begin cooking them in the air fryer for 17-20 minutes, tossing them halfway through.
While the Meatless Pieces are cooking, now would be a great time to go ahead and start preparing your favorite taco toppings to build your tacos. I kept it pretty simple with diced red onion, tomatoes, avocado and Sriracha sauce, but you can jazz yours up any way you’d like!
Other Taco Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- Easy Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos
- Black Bean Tostadas
- Raw Walnut Taco Meat
- Chickpea Tacos
- 30 minute Lentil Tacos
I know you’ll love this recipe! These Crispy Air Fried Vegan “Chicken” Tacos are so easy to make, especially with the Meatless Quorn Pieces! Your omni friends wouldn’t even be able to tell the difference!
Crispy Air Fried Vegan “Chicken” Tacos
- 1 Bag Quorn Meatless Pieces (run under warm water for about 1 minute then pat dry)
- olive oil spray
- tortillas for serving
- desired taco toppings
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1½ tbsp taco seasoning of choice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Place your Quorn Meatless Pieces in a colander and run under warm water for about 1 minute. Pat them dry with a clean dish cloth or paper towel and set aside.
- In one bowl combine all of the ingredients for the dry mixture (bowl #1).
- In a separate bowl whisk together the ingredients for the wet batter (bowl #2).
- A handful at a time, dip the Quorn Meatless Piece into the wet batter, then transfer to the dry batter lightly pressing all sides of the pieces into the breadcrumbs and place in the air fryer basket.
- Lightly spray the pieces with olive oil and cook at 400° for 17-20 minutes, shaking halfway through until crispy.
- While the Quorn Meatless Pieces are cooking, begin preparing any topping you might enjoy to complete your tacos.
- Once the meatless pieces are finished cooking, remove them from the air fryer and begin building your tacos. Enjoy!