This post was sponsored by the wonderful people over at Good Karma!
Warm weather is finally here to stay and I couldn’t be more excited! I typically try to make my food as colorful as possible, but it always seems more effortless to do when the weather is warm. So if you’re like me, you’ll love these black bean tostadas. They’re super colorful, fresh, and flavorful!
I’ve been on a bit of a tostada kick lately, mainly because I purchased a pretty large bag of them during a recent trip to the grocery store. Though I only intended on buying a few (10 max), a pack of 20 was my only option, so I went with it. Compared to tacos, tostadas are definitely interesting to eat. Somehow I always end up with leftovers in my lap after eating them. Probably because it’s so good, I forgo my usual self-restraint and decency while devouring them. One thing I love about tostadas is that you can clearly see all of the lovely ingredients and layers that go into making them.
Most people probably would have topped these with salsa, but I decided to try something different. I used the new plant-based Ranch Dip from Good Karma. It just launched nationwide at Sprouts, but you can use their store locator to find it nearest you. Good Karma’s new line of plant-based Sour Cream and Dips are actually lower in fat, sodium, and calories than other plant and dairy-based options. They also contain live and active cultures to give it a more authentic taste. Got allergies? This Ranch Dip is not only vegan friendly, but allergy friendly as well!
If you’ve already got all of your ingredients prepped for these black bean tostadas, you’ve already done all of the heavy lifting! To begin, I used a little of my homemade taco seasoning blend to season the black beans. I then warmed them up in the microwave for a bit. While those were heating, I laid each of the tostada shells out and spread each with a layer of guacamole. If you’re not in the mood to smash your own avocados, you could also opt for ready-made guac as a substitute. Next, I added the seasoned black beans, remaining veggies and Good Karma plant-based Ranch Dip. Though I used canned corn, I’m confident that grilled corn would be an AMAZING addition to these black bean tostadas!
Feeling fancy? You can customize these black bean tostadas however you’d like! There are so many different variations you could try. Hungry yet? Give these tostadas a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Black Bean Tostadas
- 6 corn tostada shells
- 2 whole avocados (mashed and seasoned with salt+pepper)
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 2-3 tbsp taco seasoning of your choice
- 3-4 tbsp Good Karma Ranch Dip to drizzle
- cilantro for garnish
- lime (optional)
- Begin by rinsing your black beans and placing them in a medium sized bowl. Season with taco seasoning and combine until all black beans are coated. Heat in the microwave (or on the stove) until warmed through. Set aside.
- Warm and season corn to taste. Set aside.
- Mash and season avocados and set aside.
- Begin building tostadas, starting with the shells, then add guacamole as the base. Next add the black beans, corn, and remaining veggies (tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro).
- Drizzle with Good Karma Ranch Dip and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!