I don’t know why, but I’ve been a little muffin crazy lately! Most recently I shared these delicious Vegan Blueberry Streusel Muffins and now I’m back with some amazing Whole Wheat Vegan Strawberry Muffins!
This is new territory for me because I usually work with all-purpose flour. I purchased a bag of whole wheat flour over the holidays because I was testing out a new bread recipe (still working on that one…). Since then it’s just been sitting on the shelf… until now! #Quarantine has encouraged me to try new things (mainly because I have no choice lol) so that’s how these Whole Wheat Vegan Strawberry Muffins came along.
How to Make Vegan Strawberry Muffins
Making these Whole Wheat Vegan Strawberry Muffins was super easy! First, you’ll start with rounding up all of the dry ingredients and mixing them together. Then add in the wet ingredients and whisk together until just combined. The batter will be a little lumpy, but that’s okay! Careful not to over-mix. Next, gently fold in the strawberries.
These muffins bake pretty quickly, so be sure to set your timer and check them after 20 minutes. Once they’re finished, you should be able to gently press them down and have the tops bounce back up.
It’s important to let these vegan strawberry muffins cool completely before adding the drizzle. If you don’t, the drizzle will melt and will not harden as is in the pictures.
How to Store these Strawberry Muffins
The best way to store these strawberry muffins is by placing them in a tupperware safe container and storing them in the fridge. When doing this, I simply reheat them for about 5-6 seconds. This usually brings them to room temperature and they’re perfect for enjoying right away. Alternatively, you could freeze these muffins if you’re interested in keeping them for a longer period of time.
I know you’ll love these muffins! They’re moist, perfectly sweetened and filled with strawberries. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think of them in the comments below!
Tools You Might Need:
This post contains affiliate links.
Whole Wheat Vegan Strawberry Muffins
- 1½ cups + 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup organic white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries (about the size of a pea)
- 5 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1-2 drop vanilla extract (optional)
- 1¾ tsp water
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Measure out ⅔ cups of unsweetened almond milk and add 2 tsp apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients and whisk together to combine. Batter may still be a little lumpy.
- Gently fold in the strawberries, then use a ¼ measuring cup to evenly disperse the batter into your muffin pan lined with cupcake holders.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven or until the top of a muffin bounces back up after gently touching.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once the muffins have cooled completely, mix together the ingredients for the drizzle and then drizzle the mixture over the muffins.