This post was sponsored by the amazing people over at VeeTee!
I LOVE a good Indian-inspired dish! It’s one of my favorite cuisines to enjoy. A few years ago, my husband and I took a trip to Quito, Ecuador and we devoured some of the most amazing Indian food we’d ever had. I think about this experience often and when I do, I’m always inspired to make my own Indian-inspired dishes. That’s how this Jackfruit Curry dish came to be!
Curry is so versatile. You can add an assortment of different vegetables to it to make it your own. In addition, you can add chickpeas or tofu for extra flare. Not to mention, these additions will also help to keep you full longer!
Instead of making a curry rendition I’ve made before, I decided to try something different and experiment with adding jackfruit. Another super versatile food! In addition to the jackfruit, I also added in a some diced red and green peppers for added texture and flavor.
What to Pair with Jackfruit Curry
In my opinion, no curry dish is complete without rice! For this meal, I decided to make my life a little easier and use VeeTee Rice. It cooks in the microwave in just two minutes! As much as I enjoy rice, cooking it can sometimes be a pain. If you add too little water, the rice gets hard. If you add too much water, the rice gets mushy! At times it can be a lot of trial and error. If this scenario sounds familiar to you, head on over to Walmart to pick some up!
VeeTee rice is now available at Walmart in an assortment of flavors, including:
- Thai Jasmine
- Long Grain
- Whole Grain + Quinoa
- Thai Lime & Herb
Did I mention it’s also chemical and preservative free? This was huge for me! I do my best to keep my meals as clean as possible, so I was really excited to learn this. Each container has two serving sizes enough for a side dish. If you’ve got choosy eaters in your house, they can pick their own flavor, so everyone’s happy!
This Jackfruit Curry is ready in 30 minutes. It’s flavorful, easy to make, and of course delicious! So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start whipping this up! You won’t regret it! Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Other Curry Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
Recipe updated 2/10/20
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth (add ½ cup more at the end depending on preference)
- 2 cans 20 oz. jackfruit in brine rinsed, drained, and trimmed to remove hard pieces and seeds removed. Use a clean dish towel to wring out extra liquid
- ½ red bell pepper cut into chunks
- ½ green bell pepper cut into chunks
- ½ white onion diced into small pieces
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- In a large pan, saute onions and garlic until fragrant over medium heat with oil of your choice.
- Add in coconut milk, vegetable broth, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in jackfruit (seeds and hard pieces should be removed and water drained) and combine. With the back of a fork or spoon, begin breaking up the jackfruit pieces.
- Add in red and green bell peppers and stir to combine. Let sit for about 5 minutes and pair with VeeTee Rice. Enjoy!