It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with curry. It’s so versatile and easy to customize. Especially in these chilly winter months! For this version, I wanted to try something a little different. I used chickpeas and spinach, accompanied by Muir Glen’s Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes. I love this Chickpea Curry because it’s so easy to put together and packed with flavor!
In addition to an easy meal, I love a quick one and this Chickpea Curry is exactly that! With just a few ingredients, you can make a quick and easy dinner option. Preparing this curry takes less than 30 minutes! As with most great meals, you want to make sure you’re using quality ingredients for the best results.
Though the chickpeas carry the most noticeable texture, Muir Glen’s Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes are definitely the icing on the cake! I’ve always loved fire roasted tomatoes and use them every chance I get. Especially Muir Glen’s. They always give the dish a little extra flare and fresh flavor.
Whenever I’m shopping for Muir Glen’s tomatoes, I always enjoy popping into my local Durham Co+op Market (find yours here). Lucky for you, all NCG Co+ops are running a special from Jan 22 – Feb 4. In mid-January, the 14oz. cans are on sale 10 for $10. In the first half of February, the 28oz. cans will be on sale 2 for $4. My Durham Co+op Market always has the best vegan finds and their hot bar is amazing (affordable too)!
How to Make Vegan Chickpea Curry
I love how easy it is to make this dish! Once your ingredients are prepped, this Chickpea Curry comes together effortlessly. The onions and minced garlic provide you with a flavorful base for the curry. Once the minced garlic and onions are fragrant, you can begin adding in your Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, chickpeas, coconut milk, and frozen spinach.
Once these are added, it’s time to add in some of the key ingredients that make a curry really come together- the spices! The combination of curry powder and garam marsala really add to the flavor of this curry.
I know you’ll love this Chickpea curry! It comes together in 30 minutes and you’ll need just 10 ingredients to make it! This would be the perfect for a lazy weeknight meal or even for meal prep.
I paired this curry with some white rice and I’ve been eating it all week for lunch! This is one of those meals you’ll be dancing to the fridge to retrieve (I certainly do)! Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Other Curry Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- ½ white onion diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 14.5oz. can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 3 tsp garam marsala seasoning
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp neutral oil of your preference I used olive oil (optional- could substitute for water)
- In a large pan, sauté the diced onions and minced garlic in 2 tsp of oil (or water) over medium-low heat. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and the onions are semi translucent.
- Add in Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, along with the chickpeas, coconut milk, and frozen spinach. Stir to combine.
- Next add in salt, ground ginger, curry powder, garam marsala, and sugar. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Once a boil is reached, let simmer on low for 7-10 minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Serve with rice or enjoy alone.