I’ve never been big on alcohol but I do like to enjoy a good drink every now and then when I’m in the mood. I’m most interested in drinks that are sweet and tasty. This apple bourbon cocktail fits the bill completely! I love that it’s so easy to make and when you’re hosting this season you can whip this cocktail up in no time!
If you’re anything like me making cocktails isn’t necessarily your forte, but this drink will make people believe that it is.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make an Apple Bourbon Cocktail:
- Organic cane sugar
- Apple cider
- Ground cinnamon
- Bourbon of choice
- Fresh apple slices for garnish
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
How to Make an Apple Bourbon Cocktail:
Making this apple bourbon cocktail is a lot easier than you might think. It only looks fancy, it’s actually pretty basic. Whenever I’m making a cocktail I like to go ahead and prep all of the ingredients, so go ahead and measure out your apple cider, slice your apple garnishes, grab your cinnamon sticks, and pick out a bourbon that you enjoy.
If you really want to look professional, try using a mandolin when slicing the apples. Of course you can slice the apples by hand, but using a mandolin ensures that each of the apple slices are exactly the same size which just makes the drink look more professional and polished.
Because this drink includes bourbon I like to even the flavors out a bit more with a sugared rim. You can skip this part if you want to, but I think it totally adds to the overall flavor of the drink.
To create the sugared rim, I find it easiest to dip a glass into a small dish with apple cider- just enough to wet the rim of the glass, then dip the glass into another small dish with sugar. Be sure to twist the glass into the sugar to make sure that the rim is covered thoroughly.
Lucky for me I have a husband who has a pretty extensive whiskey and bourbon collection, so I was able to ask him what bourbon would be best for this drink. He chose Knob Creek. Are you familiar?
If you have a shaker go ahead and add your apple cider, bourbon and a little bit of cinnamon. You don’t need much, just a little pinch will do. Close the shaker, making sure that it is sealed well because the last thing we want is for drink to spill everywhere!
Nobody wants to clean up a mess! Now that the shaker is closed go ahead and start shaking vigorously to mix all of the ingredients together well.
Once all of the ingredients are mixed you’re just about ready to enjoy! Serve this whiskey bourbon cocktail over ice and garnish with your apple slices, a cinnamon stick and enjoy!
See? Wasn’t that easy? Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
More Apple Recipes You’ll Love:
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Vegan Crumble Apple Pie
- Vegan Cinnamon Apple Bread
Easy Apple Bourbon Cocktail
- Add just enough apple cider to wet the rim of the glass you're using to a small dish.
- In a separate small dish, add your sugar. Dip the rim of the glass into the apple cider, then into the dish with sugar. Set aside.2 tbsp organic cane sugar
- In a shaker, add the apple cider, ground cinnamon and bourbon. Close and shake vigorously until all ingredients are combined.1 pinch ground cinnamon, 2 ounces bourbon of choice, ¾ cups apple cider
- Serve the drink mixture over ice and garnish with fresh apple slices and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy!fresh apple slices, 1 cinnamon stick