I am so excited to share this Creamy Vegan Baked Potato Soup with you! This recipe is packed with that baked potato flavor that you love, only in soup form! This recipe also features roasted garlic to give it an extra boost of flavor while remaining completely irresistible!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Creamy Vegan Baked Potato Soup:
- Harris Teeter Fresh Garlic
- olive oil
- all- purpose flour
- Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk
- vegan chicken broth (or sub vegetable broth)
- Harris Teeter Russet Potatoes
- onion powder
- chili powder
- dried sage
- shredded vegan cheddar cheese (optional)
- vegan bacon (optional)
- Simple Truth Organic Chives (optional)
How to Make Creamy Vegan Baked Potato Soup:
The first thing you’ll want to do when making this soup is gather all of your ingredients. There’s nothing worse than getting halfway through a recipe only to realize that you don’t have everything you need. As with any recipe, quality matters! I got all of the ingredients I needed for this recipe from my local Harris Teeter. They always have the best produce and the quality ingredients I’m looking for. Once all of your ingredients are gathered, preheat your oven to 400°.
It’s most efficient to start with the roasted garlic so while it’s cooking you can use that time to prep your other ingredients. In order to make roasted garlic you’ll want to start by peeling the outer layer of skin around the bulb.
Once the skin is peeled, cut off the top portion of the garlic bulb so that the individual inner garlic bulbs are exposed. Place the garlic face up in the center of a piece of foil, then drizzle with olive oil (about one teaspoon), then fold the foil over the garlic, place it inside of an oven safe dish, and transfer to the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
While the garlic is roasting, now would be a great time to go ahead and prep your remaining ingredients by peeling and cubing the russet potatoes, measuring out the Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk, vegan chicken broth (or vegetable broth), then measuring out all of the seasonings and flour.
Once your roasted garlic is finished cooking, remove it from the oven and open the foil to release the heat. After the garlic has had time to cool, squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skin and into a small dish. Mash it with the back of a spoon or fork until it looks like a paste.
In a large pot add in your vegan butter and allow it to melt. Once melted add in the mashed garlic and stir to combine. Gradually add in the all-purpose flour and use a whisk to combine with the roasted garlic and vegan butter.
At this point you’re ready to add in the milk and vegan chicken broth. Continue whisking until you’ve developed a smooth texture. Carefully add in the diced potatoes and all seasonings. Stir the ingredients together until the seasonings have been incorporated into the mixture.
Increase the temperature to a medium high setting and cover with a lid to allow the mixture to come to a boil. Once your creamy vegan baked potato soup has reached a boil, reduce the heat to a medium low temperature and allow the soup to continue cooking for about 20 to 25 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally.
While the Vegan Baked Potato Soup is cooking you can use this time to prep any toppings you would like to use for your creamy vegan baked potato soup. I kept it pretty simple by using Simple Truth Organic Chives, vegan bacon and shredded vegan cheddar cheese. You can add anything you like. This recipe was made to be customized!
Once your Vegan Baked Potato Soup has finished cooking, you can go ahead and serve it along with your favorite baked potato toppings. It’s important to note that this recipe will continue to thicken as it cools, so waiting to dig in might not be such a bad thing, however I completely understand if you get the urge to enjoy it immediately!
How Long Will this Vegan Baked Potato Soup Last?
This recipe will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
I know you’ll love this Vegan Baked Potato Soup recipe! It’s the perfect comfort food for cold weather and it is absolutely delicious! Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes in the comments below.
Other Soup Recipes You’ll Love:
This post was sponsored by the amazing people over at Harris Teeter! Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Hungry for more? Follow me on Youtube, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Creamy Vegan Baked Potato Soup [+VIDEO]
- 1 Harris Teeter Fresh Garlic Clove outer layers peeled, but not pulled apart
- 1 tsp olive oil for drizzling
- 5 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 bulb roasted garlic
- ⅓ cup all- purpose flour
- 4 cups Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 cups vegan chicken broth (or sub vegetable broth)
- 4 large Harris Teeter Russet Potatoes peeled and cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried sage
- shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- vegan bacon chopped
- Simple Truth Organic Chives chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Peel the outer layer of fresh garlic and cut off the top portion, exposing the garlic bulbs.
- Place in the center of a sheet of foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap the garlic tightly in the foil and place in an oven safe dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Once finished, remove from the oven and open the foil to release the heat.
- When the garlic has cooled, squeeze the roasted garlic out of the skin and into a small dish. Mash until it looks like a paste.
- In a large pot, add the vegan butter and allow it to melt. Add the mashed garlic and stir.
- Gradually add in the flour and whisk to combine.
- Add in the milk and vegan chicken broth. Continue whisking until smooth.
- Carefully add in the diced potatoes and all seasonings. Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the temperature to a low-medium heat and allow the soup to cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender and soft, serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!