This Vegan Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits is better than anything you remember from childhood! Complete with a creamy vegetable medley and soft, pillowy, homemade garlic and herb biscuits over top, you are sure to love this recipe!
If you have never made Vegan Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits allow me to introduce you! I like this version better than your traditional version with a layer of pie crust over it because it adds the best savory element to the dish.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Vegan Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits:
- vegan butter
- yellow onion
- all- purpose flour
- cajun seasoning
- dried celery seed
- dried oregano
- smoked paprika
- Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk
- vegan chicken broth (or sub vegetable broth)
- vegan chicken pieces
- Harris Teeter Mixed Frozen Vegetables
- apple cider vinegar
- Simple Truth Organic® Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Harris Teeter Baking Powder
- fresh parsley
- vegan shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Vegan Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits:
Making this easy Vegan Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits recipe is a lot easier than you might think. The first thing you want to do is gather all of your ingredients so that you can ensure you have everything you need. There’s nothing worse than starting a recipe only to realize halfway through that you don’t have certain ingredients.
As with any recipe, quality matters! I got all of the ingredients I needed for this recipe from my local Harris Teeter. They always have the best produce and the quality ingredients I’m looking for.
Once all of your ingredients have been gathered, feel free to go ahead and begin prepping anything that needs to be chopped or measured out. This will help to make for a seamless cooking experience.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a large pan over medium heat, add the vegan butter. Warm until the butter is completely melted. Next, add in your diced onion and sauté until translucent. Once the onions have been cooked, add the flour and whisk.
Add in the seasonings- salt, black pepper, Cajun seasoning, celery seed, dried oregano, and smoked paprika. Next, add your Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk and vegan chicken broth.
You can also substitute the vegan chicken broth with vegetable broth if you’d prefer. Continue to whisking until these ingredients have been incorporated.
Once everything has been properly mixed, add in your chopped vegan chicken and two cups of Harris Teeter mixed frozen vegetables. Stir to combine.
Remove from heat and set aside. Next you’re ready to start making the garlic and herb biscuits! Start by measuring out the Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk and add in the apple cider vinegar to create a vegan buttermilk mixture. Set aside.
Next, add all of the dry ingredients to a high speed blender and pulse until combined. This includes the flour, Simple Truth Organic Cane Sugar, garlic powder, fresh chopped parsley and vegan cheddar cheese.
Now you’re ready to add the vegan buttermilk mixture. Slowly add it to the blender while pulsing simultaneously. Once the dough has been formed, use a ¼ measuring cup to distribute the dough onto a baking sheet, then transfer to the oven along with the vegetable pot pie mixture and cook for 21 minutes.
While the biscuits and pot pie mixture are baking, prepare the vegan butter topping by mixing together the melted vegan butter, fresh parsley, garlic powder and salt.
Once done, remove both items from the oven and allow the biscuits to cool for 2-3 minutes before covering the pot pie mixture with the biscuits.
Brush the vegan butter topping over top and serve your Vegan Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits immediately. Enjoy!
Can the Biscuits be Made Without a Blender?
You can make the biscuits for this Vegan Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits recipe in a bowl too! You’ll start the same way as you would if you were using a blender.
Make the vegan buttermilk and set aside, then add all of the remaining biscuit ingredients to a large mixing bowl. With a large spoon, stir all of the ingredients together, then use the back of a fork to break up the vegan butter pieces a bit.
Once everything is mixed, create a well in the center of the bowl and pour in the vegan buttermilk. With a spoon, gently stir the ingredients together.
At this point there will likely be a great deal of dry ingredients remaining, so use your hands to scrape the dry ingredients from around the edges of the bowl and combine everything together to create a ball of dough. Careful not to overwork the dough!
Prefer a little spice? Try these Vegan Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits instead!
I know you’ll love this Vegan Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits recipe! It’s the perfect comfort food for the chilly months and the whole family is sure to love it! Give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes in the comments below!
This post was sponsored by the amazing people over at Harris Teeter! Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Vegan Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ½ yellow onion diced
- ⅓ cup all- purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 cups vegan chicken broth or sub vegetable broth
- 8 oz. vegan chicken diced
- 2 cups Harris Teeter Mixed Frozen Vegetables
Garlic and Herb Biscuits
- 1 cup Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar to create vegan buttermilk
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 tsp Simple Truth Organic® Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Harris Teeter Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp vegan butter cold; diced into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large pan over medium heat, add the vegan butter and allow it to melt.¼ cup vegan butter
- Add the diced onions and sauté until translucent. Season with salt and pepper.½ yellow onion
- Add flour, seasonings and whisk together until combined.⅓ cup all- purpose flour, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tsp cajun seasoning, ½ tsp celery seed, 1 tsp dried oregano, ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Add Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk and vegan chicken broth. Continue whisking until combined.1 cup Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk, 2 cups vegan chicken broth
- Add diced vegan chicken and Harris Teeter Mixed Frozen Vegetables and stir. Set aside.8 oz. vegan chicken, 2 cups Harris Teeter Mixed Frozen Vegetables
Garlic and Herb Biscuits
- In a liquid measuring cup, measure out 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, then add in 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to create vegan buttermilk. Set aside.1 cup Harris Teeter Unsweetened Almond Milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- In a high-speed blender, add in the remaining biscuit ingredients. Pulse a few times to combine.2 cups all- purpose flour, 1 tsp Simple Truth Organic® Cane Sugar, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried rosemary, 1 tsp thyme, ½ tsp salt, 1 tbsp Harris Teeter Baking Powder, 2 tbsp fresh parsley, 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese, 2 tbsp vegan butter
- Add the vegan buttermilk to the blender and continue pulsing until a dough has formed.
- Transfer to the oven along with the vegetable mixture and bake for 21 minutes.
- While the pot pie is baking, mix together the ingredients for the vegan butter topping and set aside until everything is done.2 tbsp vegan butter, ½ tbsp fresh parsley, 1 pinch of salt, ¼ tsp garlic powder
- When the pot pie is done, remove it and the biscuits from the oven and use the biscuits to cover the vegetable mixture.
- Use a basting brush to apply the vegan butter topping to the top of each biscuit.
- Serve and enjoy!