How can you not love breakfast? Just the thought of it excites me! During the week I keep things pretty simple, but on the weekends I look forward to experimenting and coming up with creative, yet simple breakfast options. Well folks, on this particular Saturday, I wanted to go aaaaalllll out on a mouthwatering, mile-high, amazingly delicious Tofu Scramble Breakfast Sandwich!
What makes this breakfast sandwich so special you ask? It’s got a nice little southwestern flare that you’ll love! I know I did! The tofu scramble is seasoned with my favorite taco seasoning blend, combined with red onions, and red + green peppers. YUUUUMMM.
To set this breakfast sandwich off, I felt it was only right to include the new Meatless Sausage Plant-Based Patty from Alpha Foods. This patty brought this Tofu Scramble Breakfast Sandwich to life! I’m not gonna lie… If I didn’t know any better, I would think that I was eating the real deal! This Meatless Sausage patty is so easy to make. I decided to cook mine on the stove, but if you’re in a hurry you can also toss them in the microwave and it’s ready in about a minute! I’ve tried them both ways and it didn’t disappoint!
No breakfast sandwich is complete without a few additions to top it off! For this southwest inspired breakfast sandwich, I used avocado, tomato, cilantro and a slice of vegan cheese. Not only does the vegan cheese add to the flavor of the overall sandwich, it also helps to keep the tofu scramble in place! Start creating your breakfast sandwich with the tofu scramble as the base, then add the vegan cheese. Place it in the microwave for a few seconds so it can melt. At this point your tofu scramble is now stuck to the vegan cheese and will prevent it from falling apart all over your lap! Alternatively, you could wrap this sandwich in foil or parchment paper and peel it back as you devour it! This is the perfect option if you need to take it on the go.
For the bread, I chose to go with a good ol’ fashioned english muffin. I love english muffins, but if they’re not your thing, you could also sub for toasted sliced bread or a bagel. You’re set up to win with whatever you choose!
I know you’ll love this Tofu Scramble Breakfast Sandwich! It’s so easy to make and is stacked with all of your favorite toppings. What’s not to love?! Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
This post was sponsored by the wonderful people over at Alpha Foods! You can find a variety of Alpha products near you, here and a number of drool worthy ready-made meals you can pick-up if you’re on-the-go! Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Tofu Scramble Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 Alpha Foods Meatless Sausage Patties
- sliced avocado
- sliced tomato
- cilantro (to taste)
- 4 slices of preferred vegan cheese
- 4 English muffins
- In a medium sized pan over low-medium heat add 2-3 tsp of olive oil. Add the half block of tofu to the pan and use the back of a fork to break up into crumbles.
- Add the taco seasoning, nutritional yeast, and ground turmeric to the tofu. Stir to combine.
- Once combined, add the peppers and onions. Increase to a medium-high heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir frequently.
- In a separate pan, begin cooking your Meatless Sausage Patties according to package instructions.
- Toast English muffins.
- Once the peppers and onions have been cooked through and the English muffins have been toasted. begin building your breakfast sandwiches: bottom half of English muffin, tofu scramble, vegan cheese (melt to help hold together), Meatless Sausage Patty, sliced tomato, sliced avocado, cilantro and top half of English muffin. Enjoy!