This post was sponsored by the wonderful people over at Ancient Harvest!
More times than not, I’m in the mood for something tasty and EASY! There’s nothing more I love than a delicious meal that I’m able to put together in minutes. Not a laundry list of ingredients, but just enough to get the job done. I made these quick and easy Sesame Garlic Noodles just the other day. They’ll definitely be put into rotation frequently. Try it and I think you’ll see why!
Y’all, this meal only took about 15 minutes to put together! To make these Sesame Garlic Noodles, I used the POW! Pasta Red Lentil Linguine from Ancient Harvest. If you’re gluten free or have allergies, you may want to give this pasta a try! Though the taste is not exactly like traditional pasta, it makes for a great substitute.
What I love most about this pasta is how quickly it cooks! I added it to a pot of boiling water and let it cook for 5 minutes. Yep, just 5 minutes! When cooking this pasta, it’s important to keep in mind that it needs to be stirred constantly. This will help it to keep from sticking together. Trust me on this, I learned the hard way!
The other additions can be prepared while your pasta is on the other eye cooking. Be sure to prep your ingredients before starting to make this part seamless. I like my broccoli to have a nice crunch to it, so I typically don’t cook it for too long. I can’t stand mushy veggies! Cooking it with the toasted sesame oil really adds a nice flavor that I enjoy! All these years I never knew what was missing from my Asian-inspired dishes. Then I finally decided to try sesame oil and it was a game changer! It really shined in these Sesame Garlic Noodles!
After the pasta is done cooking, instead of draining it like you normally would, grab a slotted spoon and scoop the noodles from the pot to the pan with the broccoli and red peppers a little at a time. Be sure to mix everything as you go (including the sauce)! This will help to keep the noodles from sticking.
Once you’ve transferred all of the noodles, prepare to eat! Garnish your plate with a few sesame seeds and your done! Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below! Happy eating!
Sesame Garlic Noodles
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- 1 package POW! Red Lentil Pasta
- ½ tbsp sriracha optional
- ¼ cup soy sauce + ½ tsp sesame oil (double if desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil.
- While waiting on the water to reach a boil, add 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil to a large pan over a medium heat. Once heated, add the minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Next, add your sliced red pepper and broccoli to the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, and optional sriracha sauce then set aside.
- By now, the pot of water should be boiling. Add the POW Red Lentil Pasta and stir consistently, still keeping an eye on the veggies.
- Once the pasta is done, add the pasta to the veggie pan using a slotted spoon. Alternate between adding the soy sauce mixture and noodles until all pasta is transferred. Stir to combine.
- Plate and serve immediately. Garnish with sesame seeds (optional). Enjoy!