Do you eat slaw solo or do you think it’s only appropriate place is as a topping? I think slaw is perfect for both! When I first made this Asian Rainbow Slaw, I made it as a side dish. My husband thought this was super weird and then informed me that the only way to eat slaw is on top of a burger or hotdog. Well, I couldn’t get him to eat it that night (no burgers or hotdogs insight), but whatever your preference you’re gonna love this Asian Rainbow Slaw!
I love that it’s so colorful, but best yet… it’s easy to make! Just a few ingredients and you’re set! Take it easy on yourself and opt for using a bag of coleslaw mix from your grocer. You know, the one with regular cabbage, purple cabbage, and carrots. This way all of the hard work is done for you. However, if you’re into cutting up cabbage and carrots you can buy them separately!
I don’t know about you, but I definitely plan on doing some grilling this summer and I can’t wait to enjoy this on veggie dogs, burgers, and of course as a side dish. I love that this asian slaw is a little unexpected, but still a tad bit traditional.
Summer time is filled with different reasons to gather with friends and family. Why not do something a little different and throw some of this simple Asian slaw in the mix? Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below! Happy eating!
Rainbow Asian Slaw
- 1 14 oz. bag of coleslaw mix
- 1 red bell pepper sliced and chopped
- corn one can- rinsed and drained
- ½ cup cilantro roughly chopped plus more for garnish
- Place all of the vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing.
- A little at a time, add in the dressing to the veggies until you feel they are well coated- you may not need all of it.
- Cover the slaw and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours (optional), or enjoy immediately! Garnish with extra cilantro before serving.