This post is sponsored by Pasta Garofalo®. The opinions and text are my own.
I’m back with another amazing pasta dish y’all! I can already tell this Roasted Vegetable Baked Penne Pasta is going to be in heavy rotation this season. Why? Because it’s easy to prepare, filled with veggies and made with some of the best pasta I’ve ever tried! Pasta Garofalo® definitely elevated this dish.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Roasted Vegetable Baked Penne Pasta
- Pasta Garofalo Penne Ziti Rigate
- Red Onion
- Yellow Squash
- Red Bell Pepper
- Pasta Sauce
- Fresh Spinach
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Seasoning Blend
- Fresh Basil (optional)
How to Make Roasted Vegetable Baked Penne Pasta
I love this Roasted Vegetable Baked Penne Pasta recipe because it’s so easy to prepare. Sure, the cook time is a little on the lengthier side, but there’s no need to be discouraged. YOU GOT THIS!
To begin, you’ll want to start by prepping all of your ingredients. I always like to start with chopping the vegetables first to get them out of the way. When cutting, be sure not to slice them too thick, to keep the cook time to a minimum. If the vegetables are too thick they will take longer to cook and we don’t want that!
Once all of your vegetables are sliced, you may find it helpful to go ahead and measure out the remaining ingredients like the pasta sauce, vegan mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning blend and fresh basil (if using). Be sure to also preheat your oven so that when you’re ready to roast your vegetables it’s ready.
Now it’s time to actually start cooking! Spread your chopped red onion, zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper over a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle all of the vegetables with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer them to the oven and allow them to cook for 30 minutes.
While the vegetables are cooking, you’re ready to start preparing the star of the show: the Pasta Garofalo Penne Ziti Rigate. Can I just start by saying that I am a life-long pasta lover and I never really understood the hype about gourmet pasta until now. Folks, you can truly taste the difference! This pasta made me feel like I was legit eating an entrée from a restaurant.
When I read that it was “the pasta that Italians eat,” I was actually nervous that it would be made with egg so you can imagine my excitement when I found out that it’s actually made with the highest quality durum wheat semolina. WIN!! I think it’s safe to say that Pasta Garofalo has the pasta game on lock. They’ve been around for over 200 years!
If you’re wondering if the cooking method will change, it doesn’t- which makes Pasta Garofalo perfect for everyday meals! The package directions will help you to create the perfect al dente pasta. Once the pasta has finished cooking, drain the water from the pot and transfer it to a large baking dish.
Once your vegetables have finished roasting, remove the baking pan from the oven and reduce the temperature to 375°. Add the pasta sauce to the baking dish with the cooked Pasta Garofalo Penne Ziti Rigate along with the roasted vegetables, fresh spinach, Italian seasoning blend and vegan mozarella cheese (reserve some to sprinkle overtop if desired). Grab a large spoon and carefully stir to combine all of the ingredients. Cover the baking dish with foil, then transfer it to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
What to Pair with Roasted Vegetable Baked Penne Pasta
Once the dish is finished baking, you’re ready to dive in! Pair this Easy Roasted Vegetable Baked Penne Pasta with these simple Vegan Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Super short on time? You could also toast a few slices of French bread topped with vegan butter and a few sprinkles of garlic powder.
I know you’ll love this Easy Roasted Vegetable Baked Penne Pasta! It’s easy to make and it’s the perfect dish to prepare if you’re feeding a large crowd or meal prepping for the week. Give this dish a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Roasted Vegetable Baked Penne Pasta
- 1 16 oz. package Pasta Garofalo Penne Ziti Rigate
- ½ red onion cut into ½-1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into ½-1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash cut into ½-1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ½-1 inch pieces
- olive oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups store-bought pasta sauce
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- fresh basil to taste for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Cook Pasta Garofalo Penne Ziti Rigate according to package instructions.
- Arrange red onion, zucchini, yellow squash, and red bell pepper evenly on a large baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with desired amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water from the cooked pasta, then transfer them to a large baking dish.
- Add in the pasta sauce, roasted vegetables, fresh spinach, Italian seasoning blend and vegan mozzarella. Carefully stir to combine and cover with foil.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375° and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove dish from the oven once finished and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve. Enjoy!