It’s summer and Lord knows it’s HOT OUTSIDE. I think it’s normal to crave simple meals or side dishes that are light and refreshing. Were you thinking the same thing? GREAT! You’ll love this Easy Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad. It’s light, fresh and makes for the perfect side dish where the natural flavors of each of the ingredients do all of the work.
How to Make this Easy Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad
Making this Easy Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad is really easy! You just need a few ingredients to make this recipe, most of which you probably already have on hand. I like to keep things as simple as possible, so I used canned black beans and corn– two things I always have in my pantry!
To begin, I always find it helpful to prep all of the ingredients first, so that you can mix them all together at the same time. I like to start by chopping up whatever vegetables that need choppin’. In this case, that would be the cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, avocado and red onion. Because my cherry tomatoes were a little larger, I decided to cut them into fourths. If yours are smaller, feel free to cut them in half. As for the red onions and avocado, I like to dice them into smedium pieces. The cilantro can be roughly chopped. Want to get really fancy? Try swapping the canned corn for 2-3 ears of freshly grilled corn. Such a treat!
Once all of these items are chopped, you’re ready to move on to the canned goods. The canned corn should be drained, while the black beans should be drained and rinsed. Once this is done, you’re ready to start combining the ingredients to make your easy Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad! Add all of the vegetables to a large mixing bowl, then add in the salt, pepper, olive oil, lime juice, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika. Mix them all together and voila!
It’s important to note that you’ll want to be a little generous with the salt, pepper and smoked paprika. You’ve got a lot of vegetables to season, so you might need more than you think. I found it easiest to add in a few shakes, stir and taste. I did this two-three times until I felt they were seasoned enough.
What to Pair with Easy Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad
This Easy Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad is the perfect side dish for lots of meals! Here are a few suggestions on what to pair it with:
- Easy Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos
- Easy Teriyaki Sweet and Spicy Grilled Tofu
- Easy Crispy Baked Breaded Tofu
- Black Bean Tostadas
- BBQ Jackfruit Empanadas
Easy Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 fresh avocados diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut into halves or fourths
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- ½ tsp lime zest (zest lime before juicing)
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- smoked paprika to taste
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (+ more to taste)
- In a large bowl, add all of the fresh vegetables and canned goods. Stir with a large spoon to combine.
- Next add in the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika. For the seasonings you may find that you need more than you think. It's helpful to add a little at a time, combine, taste and add a little more if needed.
- Stir to combine all ingredients together. Enjoy!