I pinned this recipe on Pinterest what seems to be ages ago! During a recent trip to Trader Joe’s, I noticed that they had fresh pineapple so I decided to pick one up. I instantly thought of this Pineapple Fried Rice dish and knew I had to make it, so I made sure to pick up the other ingredients as well. My husband and I decided to eat this Pineapple Fried Rice as a meal (as opposed to a side dish) and I found it to be very filling. I also added a few strips of marinated tofu (not pictured) that was a really nice addition.
Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil (or preferred cooking oil)
- 1/2 cup Diced Red Onion
- 2-3 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/4 tsp Red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 1 1/2 cups Pineapple (cubed)
- 3 cups Cooked rice (preferably 1 day old and chilled)
- 1 cup Green onion (chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
- Heat your coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat and add onions, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and carrots. Saute for about 7-9 minutes or until carrots are tender
- Add in the pineapple and saute until slightly browned or about 4-5 minutes
- Add in soy sauce, rice, and green onions (add a pinch of salt if needed). Cook for about 4-5 minutes or until all ingredients are combined and heated through
- Plate and enjoy!