Confession: I’ve never baked bread before. At least not by myself. Growing up, I would help my grandma make it occasionally. I’ve also made cinnamon rolls before which might be a tiny bit related. Anywho, I’ve been wanting to make some Dinner Rolls for a while and Thanksgiving seemed to be the perfect opportunity. Before going vegan, I would purchase the sister schubert yeast rolls, toss them in the oven and call it a day. Unfortunately they have animal products in them (eggs I think?) so they quickly became a thing of the past.
Would you believe there are only 7 ingredients to make these Dinner Rolls?! The Minimalist Baker had me sold right away after seeing this! These dinner rolls came together so quick! I seriously couldn’t believe how easy it was. Will I be making these again? ABSOLUTELY! These rolls are BEYOND perfect! Don’t be alarmed by the 60 minute prep time. The rolls have to rise for 30-45 minutes, so don’t sweat it!
Have you tried these? If so, let me know what you think in the comments below!
Hungry for more? Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Vegan Dinner Rolls
- 2 tbsp Organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 packet Rapid-rise yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 2 cups Unbleached all purpose flour plus more for kneading
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Vegan butter plus more for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl (or small saucepan over medium heat), microwave the water, almond milk and butter until warm - about 110 - 120 degrees (~55 seconds). It should be the temperature of bath water. If it’s too hot, it can kill the yeast.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup more flour and beat for another 2 minutes. Then, add only enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Then let rest 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces, shape into balls, and place in a greased 8x8 dish or 8-inch round pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size - about 30-45 minutes
- Brush the tops with additional melted vegan butter (optional)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until fluffy and light golden brownENJOY!