The first time I tried this Apple Crisp recipe, it was Christmas Day (2016) and I needed a dessert option, fast! I opened the fridge and saw a bag full of apples. There had to be something I could make with them. I browsed through the internet for a while before I came across this recipe. The ingredients were simple, could be made fairly quickly, and the directions seemed easy enough. The fact that I didn’t have to run to the store for additional items put the icing on the cake!
The first time I made this recipe, I followed it precisely. Animal products and all. This was before I decided to go vegan. I recently tried it again with plant based substitutes. I swapped the butter for Earth Balance buttery spread and it still tasted great! So great that my husband couldn’t tell the difference 🙃. Also, you don’t have to use a cast iron skillet, I just thought it would be neat to bake this delicious Apple Crisp in.
Hungry for more? Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Easy Apple Crisp
- 2 1/2 cups Apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup Sifted all purpose flour
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Peel the apples, then cut and slice them into narrow pieces. Place them in the baking dish of your choosing.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and butter togetherNote: I used 1/2 cup of white sugar and 1/2 cup of brown 🙂
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apples.
- Let it bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice, eat and enjoy!