One of my all-time favorite things to eat is a good BURGER! I’m always trying to find ways to figure out how I can eat more of them without it becoming redundant, so I decided to take my original Black Bean Burger Recipe for a spin and give it a twist. This Cilantro Lime Black Bean Burger was so tasty! YUM!
I was confident that I was going to have to take it for multiple “test runs,” but that wasn’t even necessary. It was a home run on the first try, which is pretty rare! As you can see, I chose to top mine with lettuce, mayo, avocado and tomato. Perfection! Go ahead and give this Cilantro Lime Black Bean Burger a shot. You’ll love it! Be sure to tell me what you think in the comments as well!
Cilantro Lime Black Bean Burger
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 can corn
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cans black beans
- 1/3 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- A few drops of chili pepper sauce optional
- Toppings of your choice!
- Drain the beans (but don't rinse) then add them to a large mixing bowl in addition to all of the seasonings and minced garlic. Mix well, then using the back of a spoon, mash the black beans (but you should still be able to identify a few whole beans)
- Add your cilantro and gently mix it in.
- Add in 1 cup of bread crumbs and 1 can of drained corn. Gently mix in.
- Form a patty with your hands by grabbing a handful of the mixture. Cook it on a pan that has been lightly oiled on medium heat. Cook until browned on both sides.
- Top with your favorite ingredients and enjoy!