One of my all-time favorite things to eat is a good BURGER! I’m always trying to find ways to figure out how I can eat more of them without it becoming redundant, so I decided to take my original Black Bean Burger Recipe for a spin and give it a twist. This Cilantro Lime Black Bean Burger was so tasty! YUM!
I was confident that I was going to have to take it for multiple “test runs,” but that wasn’t even necessary. It was a home run on the first try, which is pretty rare! As you can see, I chose to top mine with lettuce, mayo, avocado and tomato. Perfection! Go ahead and give this Cilantro Lime Black Bean Burger a shot. You’ll love it! Be sure to tell me what you think in the comments as well!
Hungry for more? Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Cilantro Lime Black Bean Burger
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 can corn
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cans black beans
- 1/3 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- A few drops of chili pepper sauce optional
- Toppings of your choice!
- Drain the beans (but don’t rinse) then add them to a large mixing bowl in addition to all of the seasonings and minced garlic. Mix well, then using the back of a spoon, mash the black beans (but you should still be able to identify a few whole beans)
- Add your cilantro and gently mix it in.
- Add in 1 cup of bread crumbs and 1 can of drained corn. Gently mix in.
- Form a patty with your hands by grabbing a handful of the mixture. Cook it on a pan that has been lightly oiled on medium heat. Cook until browned on both sides.
- Top with your favorite ingredients and enjoy!
Thanks for the recipe, Desiree!
Thanks Holly! I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Delicious!!! Thank you your the recipe!!!
Thanks Stella! So glad you enjoyed it! 🙂