Easy Vegan Taco Casserole
A casserole dish with a beefy vegan taco filling that includes fire roasted tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, corn and black beans, layered with vegan cheddar cheese and corn tortillas. Topped with all of your favorite toppings.
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb vegan ground
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños roughly chopped
- 1 can corn
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes slightly drained
- 1 can black beans drained, not rinsed
- 12 small corn tortillas cut in half
- 2 cups vegan cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- your favorite taco toppings (avocado, salsa, vegan sour cream, corn chips...etc.)
Preheat oven to 375°
In a large pan, sauté your diced onions and minced garlic over medium heat until fragrant (with oil or water if necessary). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add in the vegan ground and stir to combine with the garlic and onions. Season the mixture with taco seasoning and continue stirring.
Add the bell peppers, pickled jalapeños, corn, fire roasted tomatoes and black beans. Stir to combine for another 2-3 minutes.
In a large rectangular baking dish, spoon a small amount of the filling over the bottom.
Top with a layer of tortillas, ⅓ of the prepared filling and vegan cheddar cheese. Continue layering until all filling has been used to create 3 layers.
Cover the dish with foil and transfer to the oven to bake for 25 minutes or until the dish has warmed through.
Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh cilantro and additional toppings of your choice (avocado, salsa, vegan sour cream...etc.). Enjoy!