One of my favorite recipes to date is my original black bean burger. I make it so often that I don’t even need the recipe anymore and I can make it off the top of my head! Well, every now and then I like to switch things up. I came across this Roasted Pepper Black Bean Burger recipe while on Facebook and had to try it!
The ingredients are super simple and I already had most of them, so I knew it was meant to be! I was also intrigued with the fact that they baked the patties instead of pan frying them. I wondered if this would help the patties to be more firm? It didn’t, but I had wondered this for a while, so I was excited to try it out. I enjoyed this Roasted Pepper Black Bean Burger and I’ll definitely be making it again. Give it a try!
Roasted Pepper Black Bean Burger
- 15 oz. Can of black beans
- 1/2 cup Jarred roasted red pepper finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Cornmeal I subbed with bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix them together, smashing majority of the black beans.
- Pat together patties of equal size. I was able to make 3 patties. Place the patties on a pan lined with parchment paper. Cook for 30 minutes, flipping over halfway through.
- Top with all of your favorite fixings and enjoy!