One of my goals this year is to experiment with tofu more. One reason is because of the health benefits: tofu is an excellent source of protein, iron, and calcium. Not to mention, it’s super versatile! You can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Don’t believe me? Check out my other tofu recipes! In an effort to make this happen, I decided to try marinating it to go along with an Asian themed rice and veggies dish. It turned out great! If you’re in need of something quick and easy, be sure to check this one out!
- 1 Bag if frozen mixed veggies
- 1/2 Package of tofu
- 1-2 cups Cooked Rice
- Marinade of your choice
- Dice your drained tofu into cubes
- Marinate your diced tofu with whatever kind of marinade you'd like. I used "soyaki" from Trader Joe's. Let sit for 20 minutes, rotating after 10 minutes.Note: If you'd like to eat this dish with rice, now would be a great time to begin cooking it so that it's ready when it's time to eat!
- After 10 minutes of your tofu marinating, begin cooking your frozen veggies in a well oiled pan on medium-low heat. Stir frequently until cooked
- Now that your tofu is done marinating, fry your tofu in a pan on medium heat until it's browned on each side
- Now bake your tofu at 375 degrees for 15 minutes
- Begin plating your food by adding the rice, veggies and tofu. Enjoy!