This post was sponsored by the wonderful people over at Fresh Cravings!
Lately I’ve been trying to be more mindful about the foods I eat. Not too many carbs, not too many processed foods, more whole foods where I can, and choosing better options in the grocery store. This means really being mindful of ingredients. Steering clear from words I can barely pronounce or have to use google to find out what a particular ingredient really is.
I normally would have opted to serve these quinoa stuffed peppers (the mixture at least) on a tortilla, but I decided to try something different and go with a stuffed pepper version instead. Stuffed peppers are something that I’ve been wanting to do for quite some time, but just never got around to until now.
The quinoa mixture comes together in no time and while the peppers are cooking in the oven, you can start thinking about what toppings you want to use to set these quinoa stuffed peppers off! Of course, guacamole seemed like the obvious choice for a number of reasons. Is there ever an inappropriate time to add this to a dish? In addition to the guac, I was excited to add my new secret ingredient… Fresh Craving’s ‘Mild Crave’ chunky salsa!
Remember how I was saying that I’ve been trying to be more mindful of ingredients? That’s not a problem when it comes to this salsa! I love that I can pronounce all of the ingredients (no weird stuff) and it’s packed with freshness! If you haven’t seen it on your grocer’s shelves, that’s because it’s not there! This fresh and tasty salsa can be found in the chilled produce area near the bagged salads.
Oh, and believe me… it’s not called Fresh Cravings for nothing. This stuff literally tastes like it was just made. I don’t think I’ve purchased a salsa from the grocery store with this kind of flavor! After doing a little research, I found out that Fresh Cravings makes their salsa in small batches with only the freshest ingredients because they truly value freshness. All it takes is one bite for you to be able to taste the difference.
The salsa was so good, I decided to indulge in a few tortilla chips. Between me and my husband, the salsa disappeared in one sitting! Ready to try it for yourself? Check out this link to see where you can purchase your own Fresh Cravings Salsa! Not only is it great for topping your quinoa stuffed peppers with, it would be great for serving on a variety of different occasions! Your friends and family would think that you made it yourself because it tastes so fresh!
Try out these tasty quinoa stuffed peppers and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Other Mexican Inspired Meals You’ll Love:
- Easy Avocado Black Bean Corn Salad
- Easy One Pot Mexican Quinoa
- Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos
- Black Bean Tostadas
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 large peppers halved- seeds removed
- Fresh Cravings Salsa
- Vegan Cheese (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
- Begin by adding your diced green peppers, onion, and minced garlic to a medium sized pan along with a few drops of oil (or water). Stir frequently until fragrant.
- Add the veggie broth, quinoa, seasonings, black beans, corn, and fire roasted tomatoes to the pot and mix. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low-medium temperature and let simmer. Stir frequently so that ingredients do not stick to the bottom.
- Once all of the liquid has been absorbed, add in the lime juice and stir.
- Place the halved bell peppers on a baking sheet facing up. Transfer a generous portion of the quinoa mixture to each pepper, then place in the oven and cook covered for 30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Top with Fresh Cravings Salsa of your choice plus any additional toppings. Serve immediately. Enjoy!