Who doesn’t love pizza?! It’s definitely one of my favorite things to eat, as well as make. I enjoy the freedom of being able to customize it however I want! Not to mention, it’s really easy to make! I eat at Brixx pretty frequently and the pizza below is a play on their Caribbean Jerk Chicken pizza (obviously without the chicken). Perhaps one day I’ll add jerk tofu, but that requires a little more preparation than I’d like so…
Pineapple BBQ Pizza
- 1 Package Pre-made pizza dough
- Fresh cilantro (to taste)
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Onion
- 1 Cup Chopped Pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 1/3 Cup BBQ Sauce of your choice (to taste)
- Flour (enough to roll out pizza dough on)
- Vegan Cheese of your choice (to taste)
- Preheat oven to highest temperature (Mine was 525 degrees F). Spread a generous amount of flour onto a clean counter top
- Roll out pizza dough into large round circle, until it's reached your desired thickness (stretch is needed)
- Lay the dough out on your pizza pan and top it with the barbecue sauce of your choice, then begin to add your cheese, pineapple and onion and place in the oven.
- Allow pizza to cook for about 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it because everyone's oven is different.
- Once your pizza is done cooking, top it with fresh cilantro. Slice and enjoy!