YA’LL! After making this Mexican Tofu Scramble, I was so excited to share this dish with you! It was soooo good! What inspired this recipe was a meal that I had at Busboys and Poets while visiting in D.C. (here). After eating here, I knew that this was something I could recreate in my own kitchen, so that’s exactly what I did!
I think it goes without saying that I would definitely make this Mexican Tofu Scramble again. It was so super filling and savory. Can’t wait to make it again!
Mexican Tofu Scramble
- 1/2 Package extra firm tofu
- 1/4 Sliced avocado
- 1/4 Diced tomato
- 1/4 Diced Red Pepper
- 1/4 Diced Yellow Pepper
- 1/4 Diced Green Pepper
- Vegan cheese (to taste)
- Black Beans (optional)
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Remove your tofu from its packaging and set it over 2-3 folded paper towels in a dish. Place 2-3 more folded paper towels on top and a heavy heavy object over it such as an iron skillet to help drain the water for 15-20 minutes
- While the tofu is draining, chop your veggies
- Now that your tofu is drained, smash the tofu with a fork to resemble scrambled eggs
- Add the tofu to a medium oiled pan along with the peppers and tomato. Stir well
- Add in the seasonings and stir well. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes
- Once your tofu is finished cooking, begin putting together your burrito. Layer the scramble with a few spoonfuls of black beans, sliced avocado, and vegan cheese on top of your tortilla. Wrap it up and enjoy!