This past weekend, I had a really strange hankering for chocolate chip pancakes. You’re probably wondering, “what’s so strange about that?” Well, the truth is, I’m not a huge chocolate person (cookies are a different story). However, the combination of bananas and chocolate chips seemed like the move. I was also super excited because I had just come up with a new pancake recipe and I was looking forward to testing it out! If you’re a chocolate chip pancake lover (or know someone who is), you’ll definitely want to add this to your list of things to cook for weekend brunching. Not really a fan of chocolate chip pancakes? Try out this recipe for plain ones instead. They’re super easy to customize and are perfect to top with berries of all kinds!
These pancakes had the PERFECT texture and consistency! I think you’ll really enjoy these! If you try them, be sure to tell me what you think in the comments below!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips more or less to taste
- Any toppings you'd like! I used about 1/2 a banana
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together until well combined
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients until well combined
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well. Then stir in the chocolate chips
- On a heated pan, measure out 1/4 cup of the batter. Flip when bubbles begin to appear and cook until light brown on both sides.
- Stack and enjoy!